11 replies to this topic

#1 Charlie Dawg

Charlie Dawg

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 697 posts

Posted 20 August 2006 - 10:26 AM

Hello! I have Datasource, so I know the pedigree and stats on Sir Victor, but does anyone have any photos? Can anyone tell me any information on him? What did he look like? What did he sire like? What was he known for?

I have found one photo of a daughter, but that's it. Any information you can lend would be appreciated!
Fools think their own way is right, but the wise listen to advice. Proverbs 12:15

...I'm not young enough to know it all.

#2 Karen C.

Karen C.

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1087 posts

Posted 20 August 2006 - 10:50 AM

found this one on fotki:

IPB Image
Karen C.

(Please Note: Until I get online Datasource again, please note that unless otherwise noted, all search results are from my old grossly inadequate 2000 CDROM, which only features purebreds registered with AHA through Dec 31 1999. I verify show records using the AHA Members Only site (which *ALL* AHA Members, even us cheapa$$ $20/year members have access to - amazed at how many folks don't know that!!))

I also post search results at the All Breed Pedigreedatabase.

#3 miriggs

miriggs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1188 posts

Posted 20 August 2006 - 12:29 PM

I loved Victor. I didn't see him until he was later in years but feel in love with him the first time I saw him. I had a son who was small. He was big boned, had a long neck a little long in the back and nice hind end. Nice short head with a broad forehead and tiny lil ears. There are still several of his daughters at RVDS. I was going to use him on my pinto mares but ended up going another direction. I saw a daughter forsale recently on dream horse and RVDS may have some as well.
Debi N.
S. Cal.

#4 bigmac

bigmac

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 20 August 2006 - 02:24 PM

I saw Sir Victor at RVDS also. He is very magestic looking, with a long high set neck. Sir Victor came out and put on a great show for us. He isn't very tall but acts and looks as if he owns the world!
I had actually taken my family down to see Alada Baskin 1 and I was surprised at how impressed we all were with Sir Victor. I don't even know if he has a show record but I must say I will never forget how impressed I was with his front end!

Kyle

#5 Charlie Dawg

Charlie Dawg

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 697 posts

Posted 20 August 2006 - 05:57 PM

Hi Kyle,

How long ago was that? Anyone know if he is still alive? He's not listed as deceased on Datasource, but he'd be 29.
Fools think their own way is right, but the wise listen to advice. Proverbs 12:15

#6 Alja Arabians

Alja Arabians

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 872 posts
  • Interests:Our Arabian horses and showing our horses in halter, western and english classes.<br />Learning to navigate the politics of showing arabian horses

Posted 20 August 2006 - 06:17 PM

Sir Victor had to be put down about 3 years ago..If memory serves me, it was due to a nasty sinus infection they couldn't clear up. I have a Sir Victor daughter that is 14'2 and big bodied. She has been shown in halter with a fair amount of success, she is broke to ride and is now my broodmare. I was very happy with her 2005 filly who is by a Baskhemo son. the filly is bigger than her mother, although her sir is small. The mare is now in foal to a MPA Giovanni foal for January 2007, which we can hardly wait to see.
I'll try to post a picture of my Sir Victor mare and Sir Victor Granddaughter.
I also have a friend that has a Sir Victor son, half arab/half hackney cross. He just took her daughter to Youth Nationals and won a couple of top tens in country pleasure.
Sir Victor was also one of Scottsdale 2004 leading performance sires. You can check the information in the Arabian Horse World magazine May 2004

Attached Files

Entriguing LA--2002--(Lumiar Amadeus X Entaicyng) crossed over rainbow bridge 1-3-2006
AJ Khema Gabriella-- 2005-- (Baskhemo son X Kharman VS)
AJ Hyde the Psylver-- 2006-- (MC Psynister (Psymadre) X EM Princess-Dar (*Darrag)
AJ Vittorio-- 2007-- (MPA Giovanni x Kharman VS)

Alja Arabians
Alan & Janice Tavener[/color]

#7 Jw@ssa

Jw@ssa

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 236 posts
  • Interests:<br /><br />

Posted 20 August 2006 - 07:02 PM

QUOTE(Karen C. @ Aug 20 2006, 08:50 AM) View Post

found this one on fotki:

IPB Image

I saw a gorgeous chestnut hunter horse @ Region III that my friend rode. when I first saw him, Sean was out schooling him in the warmup area and at first I though he was an english horse. he was that fancy! I think Lance Curtis has him.

#8 bigmac

bigmac

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 20 August 2006 - 08:46 PM

I am sad to hear Sir Victor is deceased. I am glad that I was able to see him when I did. It was several years ago when I saw him and he was a ball of fire!
I wonder if Alada Baskin 1 is still there? He was unbelievably kind and just stood there while my little girl (she was probably 4) was petting him. Of course we have photos of that wonderful moment in the house!

Kyle

#9 Alja Arabians

Alja Arabians

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 872 posts
  • Interests:Our Arabian horses and showing our horses in halter, western and english classes.<br />Learning to navigate the politics of showing arabian horses

Posted 20 August 2006 - 09:00 PM

QUOTE(bigmac @ Aug 20 2006, 06:46 PM) View Post

I am sad to hear Sir Victor is deceased. I am glad that I was able to see him when I did. It was several years ago when I saw him and he was a ball of fire!
I wonder if Alada Baskin 1 is still there? He was unbelievably kind and just stood there while my little girl (she was probably 4) was petting him. Of course we have photos of that wonderful moment in the house!

Kyle

Kyle,
You must be running in my neck of the woods. Alada Baskin 1 is still with Laura Cronk. We have done many videos for Laura's clients over the years so I get to see Alada Baskin 1 often. He is always so kind and handsome! We have also purchased a couple of mares from Laura....Love Laura! I too have pictures of my duaghter sitting on Alada Baskin 1 and a couple of me doing the same thing. I first met Alada Baskin 1, many years ago when Jim Box (his owner) was out visiting, very nice man.
We belong to the Rancho Arabian club here in Temecula. I would like to extend an invitation to you and your family to come see our Stallion Spectacular and Liberty class September 23rd. It starts at 7:00pm and is such a blast to watch. There is a dinner available and people bid on breedings to help raise money for the club and our charity REINS. The show runs Saturday starting at 8:00am and then we have the evening activities. It was a huge success last year. People where hooting and hollaring for their favorite stallion and then the Liberty class really rocked the house. I would love to give you more information if you are interested.
Janice
Entriguing LA--2002--(Lumiar Amadeus X Entaicyng) crossed over rainbow bridge 1-3-2006
AJ Khema Gabriella-- 2005-- (Baskhemo son X Kharman VS)
AJ Hyde the Psylver-- 2006-- (MC Psynister (Psymadre) X EM Princess-Dar (*Darrag)
AJ Vittorio-- 2007-- (MPA Giovanni x Kharman VS)

Alja Arabians
Alan & Janice Tavener[/color]

#10 Denyce

Denyce

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 20 August 2006 - 11:58 PM

QUOTE(Alja Arabians @ Aug 20 2006, 08:00 PM) View Post

Kyle,
You must be running in my neck of the woods. Alada Baskin 1 is still with Laura Cronk. We have done many videos for Laura's clients over the years so I get to see Alada Baskin 1 often. He is always so kind and handsome! We have also purchased a couple of mares from Laura....Love Laura! I too have pictures of my duaghter sitting on Alada Baskin 1 and a couple of me doing the same thing. I first met Alada Baskin 1, many years ago when Jim Box (his owner) was out visiting, very nice man.
We belong to the Rancho Arabian club here in Temecula. I would like to extend an invitation to you and your family to come see our Stallion Spectacular and Liberty class September 23rd. It starts at 7:00pm and is such a blast to watch. There is a dinner available and people bid on breedings to help raise money for the club and our charity REINS. The show runs Saturday starting at 8:00am and then we have the evening activities. It was a huge success last year. People where hooting and hollaring for their favorite stallion and then the Liberty class really rocked the house. I would love to give you more information if you are interested.
Janice

I have a Sir Victor son, the one that was shown with Curtis Training Center at Region III. I was asking the same questions about Sir Victor and never had the chance to see him. The only picture I ever saw of him was probably an older shot of him from behind. I still have a copy of it in my files somewhere. If Sir Victor was anything like my boy, he certainly would have a silly personality and a sense of humor. Sunset Victory is a tall chestnut (15.1) and just now learning to be a show horse, but I can tell that he loves it. I wish that I had taken the time to go see his sire. I'm amused by the similarities that parents throw to their get.
Denyce Drinkall
Sunset Meadows Arabians
Nampa, Idaho

#11 cndlvr99

cndlvr99

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 21 August 2006 - 12:10 AM

Hi All,
I'm so glad to see a post on Sir Victor! If there is one thing I can say about Sir Victor it's that he stamped most of his babies with the most wonderful long upright necks. I owned a Sir Victor gelding who was a fantastic country pleasure horse and the first true horse love of my life. I unfortunately lost him at 5yrs due to an injury but he had a charismatic personality that drew people to him. When I first saw him he was a gangly yearling but the first horse to give me goosebumps once he was turned out!

There is also currently a Sir Victor daughter in the barn where I board. Another beautiful country pleasure grey mare with a huge eye and teacup muzzle.

Sir Victor was never shown undersaddle I believe because he was not purchased by the Hogans until later in his life but it is a definate shame. He had alot to add to the arabian breed. He had shared great company with the likes of Khemo, Alada Baskin I, and Back Street and held his own in the barn.

I'll try and dig up some pictures of my gelding and the mare but here are a couple ads for now. There is a picture of Sir Victor on the cover of California and Southwest Arabian along with a clip from an article on him. One of the pictures is of Ron and Lynn Hogan with two Victor daughter's.

Sorry but the attachments came out big, I'm working on my scanning skills. I've never posted pictures before so I hope this works.
Elizabeth

[attachmentid=22154][attachmentid=22155][attachmentid=22156][attachmentid=22158]

Attached Files

#12 Charlie Dawg

Charlie Dawg

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 697 posts

Posted 21 August 2006 - 01:44 AM

THANK YOU ALL! I have a dear friend with a Sir Victor daughter out of a straight Spanish mare. She is gorgeous. She'll be bred to GG Wild Card next year. Thank you all so much for your input.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users