Northwind

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 259 posts

Posted 24 October 2006 - 12:29 AM

I would like any info. on AL-MARAH CANADIUS++/ 1967
Anyone know if he was SCID carrier?
His height, did he have or produce a good temperament on his get.
Any information would be great.
Northwind Arabians
Mares
Forever N Ever (AA Apollo Bey x SMS Forever Bay by MHR Nobility)**** BAF Porcelain (EW Sabask x *Portia)
GH Eura Showgirl (Europia x SF Delite by Promotion) ************* Carra Fyre (Allience+// x Pro Vixen by Pro-Fire)
Zarphilio (Serphilo x Zzazara) *********** Destinichia(Bremervale Destiny x Alsaeeds Hatrichia by Amfantasticdorsaz)
NW Myriah (SWA Ansair x BAF Porcelain) ******** NW Imari Porcelain (SWA Ansair x BAF Porcelain)
NW Zodiac Ariaelle (SWA Ansair x Matarialle (Zodiac Matador x Ariaelle)
Say Halleluyah (Say Amen x Imperial Orianah by (Orashan x Imperial Btfawkia))

Stallions
Heritage Banker (AL-Marah Canadius++/ x Heritage Fleur), Region 11, Arabian English Pleasure, Reserve Champion.
The Elixir (HI-Fashion Mreekh x Jaliya), Canadian Nationals, and Scottsdale, Top 10 Stallion.

#2 ndlflash

ndlflash

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 423 posts

Posted 24 October 2006 - 08:06 AM

QUOTE(Northwind @ Oct 24 2006, 12:29 AM) View Post

I would like any info. on AL-MARAH CANADIUS++/ 1967
Anyone know if he was SCID carrier?
His height, did he have or produce a good temperament on his get.
Any information would be great.

I'm guessing here -- but Canadius was a big boy. I would estimate he was at least 15.1 hands. He was a bold mover, with good bone and huge eyes. His son, Heritage Emir, was a good size too. Canadius was one of those horses who left an indellible and permanent impression on me -- all of it positive.

I don't know whether you know this, but Canadius paid his own way through his life as a stallion -- there wasn't a huge pile of money behind him for promotion and advertising. He was largely promoted through word of mouth -- and with (I believe) over 200 registered foals -- the word was very good (and often passed around by performance horse trainers).

My Canadius daughter has a wonderful temperament. She's infinitely patient and kind, with Canadius' same big eyes.

I couldn't tell you whether or not he was a SCID carrier -- though I've never heard that he was.

Kari

#3 ellusionfm

ellusionfm

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 332 posts

Posted 24 October 2006 - 09:22 AM

I believe Al-Marah Canadius was a rather tall stallion. My Canadius daughter is a good 15.1. Heritage Emir and Canadian Love are two of his most notable offspring. The get I have seen all had good temperments, and were very self confident. My mare is the best riding horse EVER and she loves to be ridden (she is 23 now). She and her Barbary daughter both have huge eyes and a big trot.

Here are a couple photos of my mare. She is 100% CMK.

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

Edited to add: Of course there is no way of knowing if Canadius was a SCID carrier, but I never heard that he was. One of his very successful grandget is a carrier, but that horse's dam is a confirmed carrier and traces to The Real McCoy, another great stallion. SCID has been hashed and re-hashed, but I would encourage eveyone to test individuals and go from there!
Erin Andrews
Morningstar Arabians

#4 Northwind

Northwind

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 259 posts

Posted 24 October 2006 - 12:16 PM

WOW!!! She is pretty.
I am learning, I came across his name in a pedigree, and wanted to know more about him.
Thank You, Chris
Northwind Arabians
Mares
Forever N Ever (AA Apollo Bey x SMS Forever Bay by MHR Nobility)**** BAF Porcelain (EW Sabask x *Portia)
GH Eura Showgirl (Europia x SF Delite by Promotion) ************* Carra Fyre (Allience+// x Pro Vixen by Pro-Fire)
Zarphilio (Serphilo x Zzazara) *********** Destinichia(Bremervale Destiny x Alsaeeds Hatrichia by Amfantasticdorsaz)
NW Myriah (SWA Ansair x BAF Porcelain) ******** NW Imari Porcelain (SWA Ansair x BAF Porcelain)

Stallions
Heritage Banker (AL-Marah Canadius++/ x Heritage Fleur), Region 11, Arabian English Pleasure, Reserve Champion.
The Elixir (HI-Fashion Mreekh x Jaliya), Canadian Nationals, and Scottsdale, Top 10 Stallion.

#5 ndlflash

ndlflash

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 423 posts

Posted 24 October 2006 - 03:28 PM

QUOTE(Northwind @ Oct 24 2006, 12:16 PM) View Post

WOW!!! She is pretty.
I am learning, I came across his name in a pedigree, and wanted to know more about him.
Thank You, Chris

Canadius was a national champion park horse. His trainer, Carolyn Gardner, was one of the first women to break that English horse barrier. She influenced many of today's top female trainers, including people like Mary Trowbridge.

Canadius not only sired national winning English and park horses like Heritage Emir, Canandian Love, Canadian Fury -- and that nice horse the Popes owned in the Hesten Park barn, but he also was the sire of Walter Mishek's national champion mare, TJs Georgi Girl. Of course, Peter's nice horse, Heir to Glory, is by Heritage Emir (a Canadius son), as is the multi-national champion, Emirate.

If you ever dropped a mare off to be bred to him, the minute you turned in the driveway, Canadius would run to the end of his paddock, which paralleled and ran the length of the driveway. Then he'd race you back to the barn.

He was a really nice horse, with really smart owners, and a trainer who paved the way for any of us who ever wore a skirt.

Kari

#6 ellusionfm

ellusionfm

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 332 posts

Posted 24 October 2006 - 11:02 PM

A son of Canadian Love is Mi Fire Love who has countless regional and national wins in English, County, Costume, and Showhack. He just showed at this years nationals and looked better than ever.

Carolyn Gardner trained the above Candius daughter and showed her in EP junior horse. She was used as a broodmare and not ridden for over 10 years. Then when we got her, we started riding her again. She didn't forget a thing. I never met a better trained horse, from just being halter broke to advanced manuevers under saddle, with a very soft mouth. She was a wonderful trainer and those Canadius get are SMART.

His name is one that REALLY enhances a pedigree for me.
Erin Andrews
Morningstar Arabians

#7 StaceyD

StaceyD

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts
  • Location:Janesville, WI native transplanted to the Chicago Burbs

Posted 26 October 2006 - 11:07 PM

I have a Canadius grandson out of a Tamerlan daughter. He is the smartest, kindest, most personable horse I've had the good fortune to be around. He is 15.3" and really big bodied. He has competed in everything from jumping and reining to showmanship and sidesaddle. We just went "Top 16" at US Nationals in PB Western Pleasure 18-35, too!

The breeder I bought him from used the Canadius bloodlines quite a bit. She had some Canadius daughters and a really lovely Canadius son, whom I believe is still alive and well in Missouri. :-)

Canadius gets 2 thumbs up in my book!!!
BC Huck Finn (BC Canadian Fire x Belle Tatiana)
2006 US National Finalist PB Western Pleasure 18-34
WAHA Region 10 Gelding of the Year
2005 USEF Western Pleasure AAOTR 9th place in the Nation
All my thanks to Dhea Lamb for her expert training and her unfailing belief in "Dennis"

LBC Ezability (MHR Nobility x Imp. Amazing Grace)
2005 Reg 10 Res. Champion HA S/P Mares AOTH
2005 Reg 10 Top 5 HA S/P Mares Open
Getting ready to take the show ring by storm with Trowbridges, Ltd.

#8 JSPDesign

JSPDesign

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 761 posts

Posted 27 October 2006 - 09:17 AM

Oh my goodness Erin! The picture of your mare just really touches me. She's very lovely and reminds me very clearly of C. Beau daughters too.

I never did get to see TJs GeorgiGirl, does anyone have any pix? I got the honour of knowing Georgilane for awhile and I just really liked her. Neat mare.
Jamie

#9 Julie

Julie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 527 posts

Posted 05 November 2006 - 10:13 PM

Erin - what a lovely mare! I wish I could have seen Al Marah Canadius, he looks like my kind of horse. He sure did well in the mare department from the looks of things. There is a wonderful article on AM Canadius in the April 1989 AHW by Mary Jane Parkinson. I can have my husband put it in a PDF file if anyone wants a copy.

The mare in my avatar is by GS Khochise and out of an AM Canadius daughter, CH Obsession. Obsession went US Nat'l Champion Mare in 1990, also Top Ten in Canada (missed Reserve Ch by one point). The wonderful disposition certainly flowed on through! Here's a yearling picture of Obsession, she's a Half Arabian.

IPB Image

#10 Absolute Farm Arabians

Absolute Farm Arabians

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
  • Interests:Anything horse, gardening, anything medical or forensic...

Posted 06 January 2008 - 06:32 PM

Hello! We have a mare at our farm owned by my sister who is a Canadius grand-daughter through FFC Geynius, a Dressage champion among other things. She is also very tall and elegant, with the huge eye you speak of! She is also extremely athletic and intelligent. I also must add that she is the fasted thing I have ridden in my 2 1/2 decades of hell riding (endurance)! I am posting a photo of her.

Attached Files

#11 jettanna

jettanna

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1320 posts

Posted 06 January 2008 - 09:44 PM

Here is another Al Marah Canadius grandson SMF Silver Jett by Silver Canadius .Jett has a wonderful disposition and his sire did too.Jett is tested negative for SCID,and I never heard of a problem with his sire.

Attached Files

• Attached File  jett.jpg   60.37KB   3 downloads

#12 Northwind

Northwind

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 259 posts

Posted 07 January 2008 - 12:35 AM

Since that post I have gotten the Al-Marah Canadius++/ son, Heritage Banker he is also SCID-Clear.
In his show days
Attached File  Banker_sm.jpg   154.42KB   5 downloads

At age 27.
Attached File  March2007109c_vi.jpg   42.84KB   4 downloads
Northwind Arabians
Mares

Stallions

#13 Southwinde

Southwinde

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1144 posts

Posted 07 January 2008 - 01:31 AM

QUOTE(Northwind @ Jan 6 2008, 09:35 PM) View Post
Since that post I have gotten the Al-Marah Canadius++/ son, Heritage Banker he is also SCID-Clear.
In his show days
Attached File  Banker_sm.jpg   154.42KB   5 downloads

At age 27.
Attached File  March2007109c_vi.jpg   42.84KB   4 downloads

Is he showing off or what? I can't believe how he seems to be "struttin' his stuff"--at 27, yet. How wonderful of you to take care of this lovely ole guy.

Diane

#14 Northwind

Northwind

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 259 posts

Posted 12 January 2008 - 05:12 AM

QUOTE(Southwinde @ Jan 7 2008, 12:31 AM) View Post
Is he showing off or what? I can't believe how he seems to be "struttin' his stuff"--at 27, yet. How wonderful of you to take care of this lovely ole guy.

Diane

He is a grand ole guy. I just took some photos of him earlier this week, and you should see him showing off, he is 28 now, and still very active and hates it when I take the mares out of his sight. I hope to have some little Bankers running around this summer.
Northwind Arabians
Mares

Stallions

#15 tapper

tapper

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2646 posts

Posted 12 January 2008 - 01:13 PM

Which mares did you breed him too? (and was Zarphilio one of them? It's getting harder to find Serafix grand daughters.. not impossible, but harder :)). I bet she's a gorgeous mare..
If April Showers bring May flowers, What do February blizzards bring? (besides increased sales in aluminum roof rakes :))

#16 Northwind

Northwind

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 259 posts

Posted 16 January 2008 - 12:02 AM

The 2 mares we are pretty sure are in foal, are BAF Porcelain, and Matariaelle. The Serafix mare is 18, and I may have left her sit to long. But will try again this year, along with some regumate, which we finally tried on Porcelain as she is 20, it worked. I am also looking at a high percentage Crabbet mare by Bremerval Destiny to buy fo him.
Northwind Arabians
Mares

Stallions

#17 tapper

tapper

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2646 posts

Posted 16 January 2008 - 02:22 AM

I bet that would be an awesome cross! Hope thing work for Zarphilio. I checked out your site and she's a nice looking mare.
If April Showers bring May flowers, What do February blizzards bring? (besides increased sales in aluminum roof rakes :))

#18 Northwind

Northwind

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 259 posts

Posted 16 January 2008 - 04:19 PM

Thank You, I really like her. Keep your fingers crossed we get a foal from her next year.
Chris
Northwind Arabians
Mares

Stallions

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users