5 replies to this topic

#1 ShaNova

ShaNova

Advanced Member

• Equipac Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 10 March 2007 - 04:49 PM

I am looking for any information of the El Hamal Farm; its horses; history, etc. I recently acquired one of their mares and would like to learn more about them.

#2 clipclopalong

clipclopalong

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 636 posts

Posted 10 March 2007 - 05:39 PM

QUOTE(ShaNova @ Mar 10 2007, 04:49 PM) View Post
I am looking for any information of the El Hamal Farm; its horses; history, etc. I recently acquired one of their mares and would like to learn more about them.

El Hamal had beautiful horses. They owned Gwasz El Azjaa by *Bask x *Gwadiana) He was a great sire, a terrific moving horse, has a long high set neck and a good body. If I had to fault him anywhere, it would be that his head was plainer but not bad by any means. He was flashy, a bay with white socks and white on his face. He had a son Gwazar El Hamal that was fabulous but a training accident ended his carreer early on. His dam was a straight Egyptian mare. Carol the owner had a great eye for a horse and wasn't stuck on pedigrees but bred good horses. She had a lovely farm in CT and Hugh Parker was the trainer for many years. Frances Lennon also trained there for awhile.

#3 rrlennon

rrlennon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 May 2007 - 09:54 AM

QUOTE(clipclopalong @ Mar 10 2007, 05:39 PM) View Post
El Hamal had beautiful horses. They owned Gwasz El Azjaa by *Bask x *Gwadiana) He was a great sire, a terrific moving horse, has a long high set neck and a good body. If I had to fault him anywhere, it would be that his head was plainer but not bad by any means. He was flashy, a bay with white socks and white on his face. He had a son Gwazar El Hamal that was fabulous but a training accident ended his carreer early on. His dam was a straight Egyptian mare. Carol the owner had a great eye for a horse and wasn't stuck on pedigrees but bred good horses. She had a lovely farm in CT and Hugh Parker was the trainer for many years. Frances Lennon also trained there for awhile.

Hello clipclopalong.

Is El Hamal still in operation? Its been years since Ive seen the farm... 1985 to be exact. I lived at El Hamal for 7-8 years. On a whim I started searching for any information on the place a couple of days ago and found this website. From the sounds of it you knew my mother Fran. Do Carol and Stan still own the farm? Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Take care
Riley

#4 Stanislav

Stanislav

Advanced Member

• Equipac Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 561 posts

Posted 11 May 2007 - 12:50 PM

El Hamal was sold 3ish years ago. It is now an impressive dressage facility, and they have made many wonderful renovations to bring the place back to glory. Carol Thompson passed away not long after, I don't know about her husband.

I now own *Stanislav. Do you remember him? I would love to hear about when he was a youngster, he is now 26;)
Darcy Safin
Home of *Stanislav (*Mag x *Statistika)
Breeding a few good sporthorses in the quiet corner of Connecticut.

#5 clipclopalong

clipclopalong

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 636 posts

Posted 11 May 2007 - 01:48 PM

I didn't know any of the newer history of El Hamal. I got out of the horse industry in the early 80's and didn't keep track of what was going on out there. I am sorry to hear that Carol passed on. She was a nice woman. I thought Fran was an excellent trainer. Her death was a shock to everyone that knew her. I didn't know her well but I admired her abilities. Are you her daughter? If so I met you once after your mom died. You trained too didn't you? Take care. Sandy Clark

#6 rrlennon

rrlennon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 May 2007 - 01:55 PM

QUOTE(clipclopalong @ May 11 2007, 01:48 PM) View Post
I didn't know any of the newer history of El Hamal. I got out of the horse industry in the early 80's and didn't keep track of what was going on out there. I am sorry to hear that Carol passed on. She was a nice woman. I thought Fran was an excellent trainer. Her death was a shock to everyone that knew her. I didn't know her well but I admired her abilities. Are you her daughter? If so I met you once after your mom died. You trained too didn't you? Take care. Sandy Clark

Actually Im Fran's youngest son. My sister did train for a while after my mothers death, but she has been out of the business for quite a while now. As for Stanislav, I remember him very well. I remember him as a yearling. Im glad to hear that he is doing well. He is an absolutely stunning horse.

Thank you for the information you two. Take care of yourselves

Riley Lennon

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users