• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 joanipony

joanipony

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 March 2007 - 05:13 PM

My beautiful, healthy, 8 year old stallion recently died tragically and unexpectedly after being wormed with Quest. He was wormed regularly but this was the first time using Quest. I don't believe this was a coincidence and would like to know if others out there have had similar experiences. I am absolutely distraught over his loss and would like some answers.

#2 elitearab

elitearab

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 959 posts

Posted 21 March 2007 - 08:03 PM

There's a whole thread on this in the hot topics forum. I am so sorry for your loss. After reading that I may throw out my 14 tubes of quest....... Just too questionable

#3 tvf

tvf

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 25 March 2007 - 04:00 AM

QUOTE(joanipony @ Mar 21 2007, 05:13 PM) View Post
My beautiful, healthy, 8 year old stallion recently died tragically and unexpectedly after being wormed with Quest. He was wormed regularly but this was the first time using Quest. I don't believe this was a coincidence and would like to know if others out there have had similar experiences. I am absolutely distraught over his loss and would like some answers.

I am soo sorry to hear of your loss. Please don't feel guilty for doing what you thought was right for your horse. I have used Quest many times with no problems..We never know what an animal will react to untill we give it. I have lost two to reactions..My stallion -to his yearly vaccine.. the same shot he got every year.. then poof he reacted and I lost him...A mare - she got a small infection, she had had penicillin three times before...she dropped with-in minutes of the shot.
...What I have been told about Quest...Never give it to a horse under two...Never give it to an old or sick horse...Don't give it as the initial wormer or if a heavy infestation is suspected( it can cause a worm blockage) you fit right into the group that should be able to use Quest.. It is so sad that you lost him...Did you have a necropcy done? In our state (Alabama) it only cost $35 I always get it done Just so I know for sure what happened... I feel I have a very good vet.. and she tells me to use Quest as a secondary wormer when the normal wormer didn't do the job... I know it didn't do the job by sending poop to the vet to have it checked for worms after they've been wormed. In the south we have a BIG worm problem.
I worked with a farrier for 8 years. We saw alot of horses on alot of farms I have only hear of three horses that they know Quest killed and they were all under two years old. Afew horses died after Quest but it was due to collic from worm blockage.(you know those people that think you worm once a year). We have alot of those around here. Just sad.
..........It is tragic that you lost him. It sounds like he was well loved and cared for.. Remember God gives us Angels but for a short time then he takes them home. If we are very lucky we get to keep them many years Either way we are blessed to have known them....Vicki

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users