#1 raven

raven

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 335 posts

Posted 14 October 2007 - 03:01 AM

Hey there,

Am currently using a hunter type bridle for my dressage mare but would love to find an actual "dressage bridle" that is not going to overwhelm her little arab head. Looking for the padded variety, preferably with crank, but of course would need something with a thinner, more dainty nose band. The brow band can be the same width or decorative.

Have a deep, rich brown passier saddle and my mare is a redhead so a similiar (havana?) color to go would be more than super.

What are you all using?
Tx!

#2 joharavhf

joharavhf

Hot Mama

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1767 posts
  • Interests:Eventing, Dressage, SHIH<br />Scrapbooking, Reading

Posted 14 October 2007 - 08:47 PM

Check out the Dressage Extensions catalog. Not sure if you'll find anything in brown but they DEFINITELY have
daintier selections. Their website is www.dressageextensions.com .

:)
Sarah in New Hampshire
and my lovely steeds:
Shadow Dancer - 1982 PB gelding
Johara VHF - 2005 PB filly

#3 arab01

arab01

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 476 posts
  • Interests:My interests revolve around what else Arabian horses !!! I have 3 H/A s and 3 PBs . I also have two Appendix bred QHs and a Hanovarian.<br /><br />I mainly do Dressage , H/J , and SH ....may try WP for fun one day !

Posted 14 October 2007 - 09:22 PM

I second trying Dressage Extentions . I also have found that both Stubben and Bobbys Bridles in cob size fit my Arabians well.

Kristie Heath
Shenandoah Stables
Evans , Georgia

#4 Zarabeth

Zarabeth

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
  • Interests:Sport Horse breeding and Dressage. Promoting the beautiful versatile athlete that is the Arabian horse.

Posted 15 October 2007 - 12:08 PM

I have a Kieffer that is padded and rolled leather..It was one of the smaller ones you can order from dressage extensions. I put new holes in the cheek pieces to shorten it and because they are at the pole on this style they do not show. I also purchased a different brow band because I wanted something different then what it came with, that came from a company called equesport. It is very dainty..I do not know if it comes in brown. I get tons of compliments on it.

Good luck!!

Attached Files

Zarabeth at Mighty Arabians

#5 JBD

JBD

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 410 posts

Posted 21 October 2007 - 01:39 PM

I also use a Kieffer bridle that I got from Dressage Extensions. Its their Ergonomic model although I don't think that's what its called in the catalog. Everything is padded, even the crown. I wouldn't call the noseband dainty but its not overwhelming either. My fear is if you get too dainty/small, thin, it isn't as comfortable. It fits my 15 hand half arab and with another hole punched in the checkpiece would also fit my small headed full arab.

There's a picture of my half arab wearing the bridle under the Paint Forum, Half arab producers.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users