24 replies to this topic

#1 MisterHollywood

MisterHollywood

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 351 posts

Posted 03 January 2008 - 12:42 AM

Photos, Information about this stallion...

Many thanks,
Braden
Braden Davidson Productions Inc. & ArabianCentric.com
Dreams and dedication are a powerful combination... By all means dream with your eyes wide open!

#2 meow

meow

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1578 posts

Posted 03 January 2008 - 01:41 AM

Do a search on Lacey Arabian Center - owned by Murrell Lacey's son. Murrell was Karadjordje's last owner.

#3 Samrdr1

Samrdr1

Tom Neese

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8603 posts
  • Interests:eventing/ fox hunting-DHH/Arab crosses/OTTBs/Saddlebreds

Posted 03 January 2008 - 08:45 AM

Saw him show a few times. A big cool moving horse.

Tom n

Elmo BELIEVE this : " I've seen Jesus twice and I think I have fecal matter in my pants" A member of the Coal valley Hunt after a run

#4 twnkltoz

twnkltoz

Village Idiot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1803 posts
  • Interests:Arabian horses, writing, ballroom dancing. Look for my articles on www.pacnwhorse.com and in Ride! magazine!

Posted 03 January 2008 - 12:48 PM

He was really a neat horse. I wish I'd gotten to see him in real life. Try googling him and you'll find all kinds of stuff.
Jennifer Walker
One Hot Lady (Unquestionably Hot x CF Farallon)

"My Treasures do not clink together or glitter. They gleam in the sun and neigh in the night"--Old Arab Proverb

Author of Bubba Goes National, available for pre-sale in April at http://www.vanillaheartpublishing.com.
Visit my blog at http://www.jenniferl...er.blogspot.com.

"People are bastard-coated bastards with bastard filling." --Perry Cox

#5 AO Arabs

AO Arabs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 305 posts

Posted 03 January 2008 - 11:07 PM

*Karajdordje was an awesome, charismatic stallion! Do try to contact Lacy's Arabian Ranch in Garden Valley, CA as they would have tons of information for you. My best producing mare is out of a KJ daughter. KJ was US National Top Ten Park horse and Top Ten Halter stallion in the same year (late 60's or early 70's). I got to see him perform once before he retired and, to this day, I have not seen any Park horse who could compare to his canter...he could do it in place with ease and looked like a carousel horse when cantering along the rail. He had the rear end that everyone says you can't find these days. He was shown in liberty presentations in his later years and, no matter how many times I had seen it before, I couldn't stay away, lol! He and Murrel would literally dance with each other. Unfortunately, I don't have any photos of him in motion but I'll try and find a body shot that I have. Are you interested because you have his bloodline in your own horse? What other kind of information would you like?

Diane

#6 meadow valley

meadow valley

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts
  • Interests:Breeders of personable perfrormance horses since 1976<br />Specializing in Polish and Varian bloodlines<br />Now located in the Heart of the Ozark Mountains

Posted 04 January 2008 - 11:41 AM

Growing up in Contra Coasta County, KJ was an everyday celebrity, doing a tv ad for a local furniture store! Murrell may have been "hard" on some of his horses, but he and George had a wonderful relationship. I was lucky enough to do a summer intern program at Lacey's. And no one ever forgets seeing Murrell and Benraz flashing along in halter!

KJ was one of the most charismatic horses at liberty. The last time I saw him was at a DAHA show when they had a breeding auction. He barreled into the ring, which suddenly looked really too small for this horse. His trot was something you judged every other horse against.

I had a wonderul KJ grand daughter out of a classic little Crabbet mare that came from Saddle Rock Ranch, before they had *SR Nadom. She produced some very wonderful trotting NSH for us. Very long necked, and a terrific hind quarters on them.

It's a shame that a lot of the John Rogers stock has gotten lost in the shuffle. That was some wonderful foundation stock that could be bred to anything and produce outstanding athelets.
KR

Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail. Muriel Strode

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. Edmund Burke

#7 twnkltoz

twnkltoz

Village Idiot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1803 posts
  • Interests:Arabian horses, writing, ballroom dancing. Look for my articles on www.pacnwhorse.com and in Ride! magazine!

Posted 04 January 2008 - 11:48 AM

I remember those ads with "George"...but i thought someone told me he was a KJ son?
Jennifer Walker

"My Treasures do not clink together or glitter. They gleam in the sun and neigh in the night"--Old Arab Proverb

Author of Bubba Goes National, available for pre-sale in April at http://www.vanillaheartpublishing.com.

#8 BaskIsBest

BaskIsBest

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3479 posts
  • Interests:Halter

Posted 04 January 2008 - 12:22 PM

Here's a snapshot I took at a show at Santa Barbara in the early 70's. Sorry about the quality of the photo but I was just a kid at the time.

Attached Files

A wise man knows much but says little, a Fool knows little but says far too much....

Toni Sullivan
Deer Creek Farm

#9 AO Arabs

AO Arabs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 305 posts

Posted 04 January 2008 - 01:58 PM

QUOTE(meadow valley @ Jan 4 2008, 08:41 AM) View Post
Growing up in Contra Coasta County, KJ was an everyday celebrity, doing a tv ad for a local furniture store! Murrell may have been "hard" on some of his horses, but he and George had a wonderful relationship. I was lucky enough to do a summer intern program at Lacey's. And no one ever forgets seeing Murrell and Benraz flashing along in halter!

KJ was one of the most charismatic horses at liberty. The last time I saw him was at a DAHA show when they had a breeding auction. He barreled into the ring, which suddenly looked really too small for this horse. His trot was something you judged every other horse against.

I had a wonderul KJ grand daughter out of a classic little Crabbet mare that came from Saddle Rock Ranch, before they had *SR Nadom. She produced some very wonderful trotting NSH for us. Very long necked, and a terrific hind quarters on them.

It's a shame that a lot of the John Rogers stock has gotten lost in the shuffle. That was some wonderful foundation stock that could be bred to anything and produce outstanding athelets.

Lucky you to have gone through the intern program!! What a learning experience with so many hands-on sessions. I assisted a couple of times and learned a lot when I could sit in on some of them. Did you mean Costume class when you mentioned Murrel & Benraz? So true re the Rogers' stock however Dean & Sherry Lacy are continuing with it on a smaller scale still.

Jennifer, George was in the original ads but later it was one of his sons.

Toni thanks for that photo :-) Neat to see him in his dapples...I met him after he had almost completely turned white. I still have to scan the body shot that I have in order to post it here.

Diane

#10 twarab

twarab

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 403 posts

Posted 04 January 2008 - 03:52 PM

Diane can certainly talk more about *Karadjordje++ than I can but I do remember seeing him shown. I first saw him shown as a younger horse when he was still dappled. I remember him being a well built horse with great tail carriage..not as pretty in the head as some would like but great eyes. I was always under the impression that he was a pretty "tough" horse as a young horse...remember seeing him in a Park class at Stockton and when he was in control he was awesome...but he would break and then a couple of times tried to climb the arena wall. Murrel got that worked out and he settled down and in future years had more focus.

He did pass on many of his good qualities...movement, great body and legs, good necks and great tail carriage. His get were used in many different disciplines and were good at what their job was.

One year at the Santa Rosa show they had a large liberty class....many well known stallions...it was won by an older white *Karadjordje daughter. She was incredible.

One of my favorites is the bay mare, KJ Kayla. Loved this mare...big, bold, long, well shaped neck, full bodied, and she could trot.

Pat
Trade Winds Arabians.....breeders of "TW" Arabians since 1963!

#11 twnkltoz

twnkltoz

Village Idiot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1803 posts

Posted 04 January 2008 - 03:54 PM

Dean has several binders full of pics and ads of his get in his office. I only got to look for a minute, but they were really neat!
Jennifer Walker

#12 BaskIsBest

BaskIsBest

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3479 posts

Posted 04 January 2008 - 04:23 PM

This shot was used a lot.

Attached Files

A wise man knows much but says little, a Fool knows little but says far too much....

Toni Sullivan
Deer Creek Farm

#13 BaskIsBest

BaskIsBest

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3479 posts

Posted 04 January 2008 - 04:28 PM

Pat or Diane did you ever get to see Serafix? That was one I missed seeing. He was gone by the time I got up to Lacey's(Rogers). Natez was there though, he was a cool old horse, but I sure wish I would have gotten to see Serafix in the flesh. I loved his daughters, Geniis Pride was my favorite.

I love this shot of Serafix, he looks so fancy.

Also here is a seldom seen shot of Serafix as a youngster.

Attached Files

Toni Sullivan
Deer Creek Farm

#14 meow

meow

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1578 posts

Posted 04 January 2008 - 07:25 PM

*Serafix was even better in the flesh. Still have those lines in my stallions and some of my mares.

#15 meadow valley

meadow valley

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts
  • Interests:Breeders of personable perfrormance horses since 1976<br />Specializing in Polish and Varian bloodlines<br />Now located in the Heart of the Ozark Mountains

Posted 04 January 2008 - 08:17 PM

Benraz and Murrel on the cover of AHW trotting infront of the SF Palace of Fine Arts, and, yes, the awesome native costume classes. There aren't many horses that could outdo Benraz at the hand gallop.

George had what I would call a distinguished head, very old Polish. Rock hard legs. Lots of good endurance stock there.
KR

Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail. Muriel Strode

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. Edmund Burke

#16 twarab

twarab

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 403 posts

Posted 04 January 2008 - 08:25 PM

I did have the honor of seeing *Serafix several times. My very dear friend, Carolyn Frisbey, used to take photos of the horses for John Rogers. I went there several times with her. Somewhere, I have some old photos that Carolyn took that have never been published.

I am a big *Serafix fan. Loved his sons SX Saladin and SX Challenger. The best Arabian we ever owned was a grandson, Regalano, by the *Serafix son Serad.

I have all of these neat old super 8 movies and photos packed away somewhere....from all of the trips we made across the U.S. looking at horses. I am just so disorganized I am not sure where they are. Might not even be good anymore.

Pat
Trade Winds Arabians.....breeders of "TW" Arabians since 1963!

#17 AO Arabs

AO Arabs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 305 posts

Posted 04 January 2008 - 09:55 PM

These are what I have of *Karadjordje+++ including his pedigree for anyone interested:

The body shot was taken in 1978, the head shot was in the early 80's. You can see what Pat was saying about his eyes and head.

Pat, that's interesting about George's early career. The one time I saw him perform (AHANC at Stockton) I remember a lot of commentary before his class about what "might happen" when he came in, lol! He truly was a war horse personified and passed that trait on to most of his get. Thanks for the vote of confidence on what I know about him, but I think you know a lot more....would love to have a day or two or more to sit down with you to hear all of your stories about him and all the other great oldies that you knew!

Diane

#18 AO Arabs

AO Arabs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 305 posts

Posted 04 January 2008 - 10:17 PM

Toni, I only got to see *Serafix once and that was the year before he died. He was still beautiful even then. He was presented nose to nose with Natez and that sight is etched into my head still.

I love that head-on shot of him! It reminds me of a gelding (Taaz) I bred who resembles him a lot. His dam is a Gamaar daughter whose dam was double *Serafix. Taaz's dam is a bay and I bred her to the bay, Fame VF, to get him.....a very *Serafix-looking chestnut colt...even his blaze is almost the same shape, just a little wider. This is Taaz:

He was body-clipped right before this photo was taken but he has the most beautiful irridescent chestnut coat like his gr.gr. grandpa. Isn't that amazing how a horse a few generations back can come forward so strongly?

Diane

#19 BaskIsBest

BaskIsBest

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3479 posts

Posted 05 January 2008 - 12:27 AM

Wow I get goosebumps at the thought of seeing those two legends nose to nose....

I sure would like to see some of those pictures Pat has.

More of Serafix. Your boy sure was a dead ringer wasn't he?

Attached Files

Toni Sullivan
Deer Creek Farm

#20 GVMary

GVMary

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 566 posts

Posted 05 January 2008 - 09:37 AM

Here is a photo I found in my files of Gerwazy, the sire of *Karadjorje+++:

Attached File  gerwazy.jpg   5.99KB   4 downloads

(BTW, the horse in my avatar has both *Karadjorje and *Serafix (twice) in his pedigree on his dam's side.)
Grandview Farm
Stephen and Mary Laird
Breeders of Purebred Arabians since 1985

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

Facebook (1)