• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Garianne

Garianne

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6507 posts
  • Interests:Everything but death and taxes!

Posted 03 November 2008 - 08:54 AM

Am so excited to tell you that I just acquired from Abe Books a first edition of THE WORLD'S BEST HORSE by Lady W. In it she discusses purebred parti-colored horses. It runs to a couple of pages but if anyone is interested will be happy to type out some of the pertinent paragraphs. But more importantly there are several copies to be had there along with some other super Arabian Horse Books!
"Entrepreneurs and their small enterprises are responsible for almost all the economic growth in the United States." Ronald Reagan

"I have wondered at times what the Ten Commandments would have looked like if Moses had run them through the US Congress!" Ronald Reagan

"We can't help everyone, but everyone can help someone!" Ronald Reagan

"Government does not create wealth. The major role for the govenment is to create an environment where people take risks to expand the job rate in the United States." G.W. Bush

Caelliotts Magic,
Mrs. Gari Dill-Marlow
Fair Oaks, California

#2 efir

efir

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 03 November 2008 - 10:40 PM

QUOTE(Garianne @ Nov 3 2008, 09:54 AM) View Post
Am so excited to tell you that I just acquired from Abe Books a first edition of THE WORLD'S BEST HORSE by Lady W. In it she discusses purebred parti-colored horses. It runs to a couple of pages but if anyone is interested will be happy to type out some of the pertinent paragraphs. But more importantly there are several copies to be had there along with some other super Arabian Horse Books!

I have also bought atleast 30 books from the same place this year alone...GREAT Arabian history books and a lot of first editions...I love that site!!!

#3 Garianne

Garianne

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6507 posts

Posted 06 November 2008 - 06:14 PM

It is excellent and you have no doubt made quite an investment! Am kind of surprised the Sabino breeders aren't interested in those pages devoted to the parti-colored horses as it surely put the lie to Albert Harris's nonsense. Oh well....
"Entrepreneurs and their small enterprises are responsible for almost all the economic growth in the United States." Ronald Reagan

"I have wondered at times what the Ten Commandments would have looked like if Moses had run them through the US Congress!" Ronald Reagan

"Government does not create wealth. The major role for the govenment is to create an environment where people take risks to expand the job rate in the United States." G.W. Bush

Caelliotts Magic,
Mrs. Gari Dill-Marlow
Fair Oaks, California

#4 dlk

dlk

Advanced Member

• Guests
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 07 November 2008 - 06:13 PM

QUOTE(Garianne @ Nov 3 2008, 09:54 AM) View Post

I would be thrilled to read this information!! Thank you!

#5 Garianne

Garianne

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6507 posts

Posted 11 November 2008 - 06:17 AM

'Out of the entire chapter, this for me was the most important - mid paragraph page 169:

"Abbas Pasha had a parti-colored Wadneh Hursanieh mare by a Shueman Sbah sire called Tabbukh belonging to Mohammed Ibn Khubeysan. She originated with Hamoud Ibn Saadun Sheikh of the Muntaghaj, and was a great granddam of Mahruss I. It is from her that the white patches seen in some of our horses such as Nezma Shareer, Astrella, and Shafina are probably inherited. I have just received photographs of a pure Arab mare, Trabag, first prize Palermo Show, 1949, lavishly skewbald in irregular patterns, chestnut and white, and tracing back to the Crabbet horse Ajman. She has a white mane and tail. "

She then goes on to describe colors listed by Abu Bekr, c. ad 750 of Arabian varieties.

Caelliotts Magic,
Mrs. Gari Dill-Marlow
Fair Oaks, California

#6 dlk

dlk

Advanced Member

• Guests
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 12 November 2008 - 05:03 PM

Thank you Gari. Very interesting. Sure would seem the white doesn't come from outside blood, huh? Does Abe Books have a website?

#7 Garianne

Garianne

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6507 posts

Posted 13 November 2008 - 03:25 AM

Below is the Abe Books website. Put in the name of your favorite author and voila! You usually find what you are looking for.

What I found that was so interesting is that she notes that the Persian royals bred specifically for high white/parti-color...look at the horse on the lower right side of this painting.. And the parti colored in the low middle in the second painting...and the bottom ...interesting....

http://www.abebooks.com/

Attached Files

Caelliotts Magic,
Mrs. Gari Dill-Marlow
Fair Oaks, California

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users