Fairfax

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2064 posts
  • Interests:Remembers the era when the Park Horse Class was full
    of GREAT PARK HORSES...

Posted 17 March 2009 - 05:14 PM

Lexington, Kentucky - One of the Saddlebred world's leading stallions, Callaway's Blue Norther, passed away today, Tuesday, March 17. Callaway's Blue Norther's breeding career is among the Saddlebred world's most prolific, having sired Five-Gaited World's Grand Champion CH Callaway's Forecaster, Ladies Five-Gaited World's Champion CH Callaway's Born To Win, and Amateur Five-Gaited Mare World's Champion Callaway's Winning Ways, among many others.

The well known stallion reached the age of 28, only ten days ago, on March 7, 2009.

This was the resultson the All American Cup Stallion Service Auction this January

Callaway's Blue Norther - Callaway Hills Stable FAYDELLE SCHOTT 34000

You read that right Thirty Four THOUSAND was the winning bid

Leo Maxwell
Fairfax Farms

A horse may outrun his pedigree, but he'll hardly ever outbreed it Old Kentucky Saying

Elmo Army
Tom Neese for President AHA

#2 fschott

fschott

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 18 March 2009 - 07:54 AM

I was so excited to be the winning bidder on Callaway's Blue Norther and please realize part of the proceeds went to Callaway Hills Animal Shelter! We were planning the breeding for the last of this month. Tony called me Monday evening to tell me Blue was very bad and probably wouln't be with us on Tuesday...she said she didn't want me to hear the news "by the grape vine". It is so sad to lose an old friend and such a ledgend to the Saddlebred world. Tonly also said she would be sure I got as many frozen straws as needed to be sure to get my mare in foal..that is a true breeder. Rest in peace Blue. Faydelle

I was so excited to be the winning bidder on Callaway's Blue Norther and please realize part of the proceeds went to Callaway Hills Animal Shelter! We were planning the breeding for the last of this month. Tony called me Monday evening to tell me Blue was very bad and probably wouln't be with us on Tuesday...she said she didn't want me to hear the news "by the grape vine". It is so sad to lose an old friend and such a ledgend to the Saddlebred world. Tonly also said she would be sure I got as many frozen straws as needed to be sure to get my mare in foal..that is a true breeder. Rest in peace Blue. Faydelle

#3 Fairfax

Fairfax

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2064 posts
  • Interests:Remembers the era when the Park Horse Class was full
    of GREAT PARK HORSES...

Posted 19 March 2009 - 09:59 AM

This reflecs what is great about the Saddlebred industry. Congratulations on your winning bid and I wish you the best of luck in the ring with the offspring.
Leo Maxwell
Fairfax Farms

A horse may outrun his pedigree, but he'll hardly ever outbreed it Old Kentucky Saying

Elmo Army
Tom Neese for President AHA

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users