6 replies to this topic

#1 JRTsRUs

JRTsRUs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3264 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 06:39 PM

On another Arabian message board, there has been lots of discussion about a small group of Arabians (primarily Egyptian) that need to be sold soon. These horses can also be found on DreamHorse Classifieds (look up the stallion, Thee Journey RR, and you'll see info on him and the others). I've been talking to the owner (Bobbie Rayburn) quite a bit, and her situation is quite dire, where she's trying to pull together enough money to keep her farm aloat until she has better money coming in (anticipated to be soon ... like April time frame). She says she's got alot of money invested in these horses (including the stallion, Journey, who is a Thee Desperado son), and has even advertised him at $1,000 just to get some money in her pocket to sustain the others.

Long story short, after lots of conversation with her and several others. I'd like to request the ABH members and members of the Arabian Horse Rehoming Resource (http://www.arabianho...ehomingresource) to agree to the release of funds to assist Bobbie. There's a feed store in Kansas that said I can put an order in for some feed for Bobbie, and send the feed store a check. I told them at this point (for an immediate need) we'd like to put forth $100 in hay/grain. It's not much, but maybe just a bit to feed the horses over the next week while Bobbie tries to sell the horses. Bobbie will run out of hay/grain after tomorrow morning's feeding. I've also got a buyer lined up for the stallion (Journey) at a lesser price of $800 if the buyer can get help on transport costs. The cost to ship the stallion from Kansas to Georgia (where Jennifer is located) is $710. I'd like to ask for our AHRR to pay for that cost (or at least partially pay for it). This will get $800 immediately into Bobbie's pocket, because Jennifer will commit to buying the stallion if she can get transport arranged.

So, can I get a vote of paying the transport company (which I've got 3 quotes now) $710, plus up to $300 total for feed/grain for Bobbie (to keep her afloat a bit longer while she tries to sell the other horses)?

She was going to take Journey to auction to get 'fast cash', and I'm hopeful that we've all talked her out of that.

This is a case of our Arabian community assisting with someone that has fallen on a tough situation and needs a little sustainment.

Votes: YES or NO

Feel free to contact me if you have questions or concerns.

Thank you!!!!

Oh, by the way ... I'm SOOOOO GLAD to see you (Tom) starting up a way of raising funds for rescue/rehoming!!! : )
Brenda Laurel
Laurel Arabians

- Founder of the Arabian Horse Rehoming Resource, with help from so many here on ABH and in the Arabian horse community
- Supporter of the Arabian Horse Foundation
Standing: Psylebrty of Fame (Legacy of Fame x Maggity Ann, by Magnum Psyche)

#2 Thunderstruck504

Thunderstruck504

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 508 posts
  • Interests:Rudy (aka Eternal Pflame) Bask Flame x LC Psecret Pspot<br /><br />Rose (aka Emanors Rose) *Emanor x LC Psecret Pspot<br /><br />Chip (aka CP Thunderstruck) Colour Me Hot x LC Psecret Pspot<br /><br />Bubba (aka Banachec) Banduke x GA Rozon

Posted 29 March 2010 - 06:24 PM

Yes
Jennifer

The kids of Checpoint Arabians
CP Thunderstruck (Colour Me Hot x LC Psecret Pspot)
CP Emanors Rose (*Emanor x LC Psecret Pspot)
Eternal Pflame (Bask Flame x LC Psecret Pspot)
Banachec (Banduke x Ga Rozon) 3/5/1976 - 5/29/2011 Always in my heart
CP Colour Me Rosey (Colour Me Hot x CP Emanors Rose) - AKA Daisy:)

Been there, done that, got nothing but a few beautiful horses and a mound of debt to show for it.

Never miss an opportunity to spend time with your horse. 35 years go by in the blink of an eye.

#3 7critters

7critters

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 555 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 07:23 PM

yes
Shikuul AA (Shikuulaata AA x GL Great Lady)
Kayce Andra (Showkayce x Llady in Red)
TBA Caliente (Sanadik el Shaklan x Terz Ba Aaby)
KA Tapestry (Madrygal x PR Tiffany Blue) 3/1982 - 9/2010 I can't believe she's really gone...
Limosa (El Nahr HCF x Merbat)
Pretty Kuul (Shikuul AA x Kayce Andra) Shikuul's first foal!
Rio (Token Appy, here on lifetime retirement)

Some people are like a Slinky.....not really good for anything, but you
still can't help but smile when you shove them down the stairs

#4 Robin Wright

Robin Wright

Advanced Member

• Ablackhorse AHA
  • 880 posts
  • Interests:Horses, gardening, computers, passing anti-slaughter legislation. Please check my site at www.ghostfleetfarm.com and let me know if I forgot to include a rescue. I'm looking for website links only right now. Thanks, Robin

Posted 29 March 2010 - 09:01 PM

yes
Robin W.

#5 Nickie

Nickie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 01:00 AM

From the other board it appears Journey is safe and will be making a road trip soon to his new home. :) Her other horses are quite nice though too, someone should definitely grab one.

#6 Bonnie

Bonnie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 01 April 2010 - 03:13 PM

Yes

#7 AA Wish

AA Wish

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1954 posts
  • Interests:arabians<br />dressage<br />piano<br />study of ancient writings

Posted 01 April 2010 - 04:01 PM

I'm glad Journey is coming to Georgia. Thought he was a great looking horse!
Is there, in all republics, this inherent, and fatal weakness?....Must a government, of necessity, be too strong for the liberties of its own people, or too weak to maintain its own existence?" Abraham Lincoln

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users