• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

#1 Roulett

Roulett

Advanced Member

• Ablackhorse AHA
  • 4798 posts

Posted 31 August 2005 - 09:37 PM

Since I have a Muscat grandson, I try to work his name into most of our Ad's in the magazines but .... when I see magazines who say ........ vote for the best Stallion or if you could clone just one stallion blahblahblah .... Muscat's name is left off the list for voting. Sometime back, I placed a 3 page ad in the Arabian Issue of a major magazine who was profiling the best of the Arabians and again,
NO Muscat.

I got so mad at this magazine that I called them and ask'd why Muscat was totally ignored ..... all they said was the person who was responsible for the article was not employed by them and whatever.......

So what am I missing here??????????? What's the deal??? I cannot believe that the first Triple Crown Winner is not even consider'd in a pole on cloning on another blog board.

BAH, blowup.gif
Angelique
Proud owner of Russian Roulett+
http://russianroulett.net/Tribute.html
2003/2004 USEF HOTY, Reg. 2 H/J
2005 Special Recognition/Ambassador Award as a JUMPER!
2006 - Senior Masters winner
2007 - 18 Division Championships --- 2 reserves --- besting over 1200 jumpers
2008 - retires as #65 in the Centennial 100 list

#2 Southwinde

Southwinde

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1144 posts

Posted 31 August 2005 - 10:44 PM

QUOTE(Roulett @ Aug 31 2005, 07:37 PM)
Since I have a Muscat grandson,  I try to work his name into most of our Ad's in the magazines but .... when I see magazines who say ........ vote for the best Stallion  or if you could clone just one stallion blahblahblah .... Muscat's name is left off the list for voting.  Sometime back, I placed a 3 page ad in the Arabian Issue of a major magazine who was profiling the best of the Arabians and again,
NO Muscat.

I got so mad at this magazine that I called them and ask'd why Muscat was totally ignored ..... all they said was the person who was responsible for the article was not employed by them and whatever.......

So what am I missing here???????????  What's the deal???  I cannot believe that the first Triple Crown Winner is not even consider'd in a pole on cloning on another blog board.

BAH,  blowup.gif

View Post

Well, *Muscat was the favorite of many Arabian horse lovers; and, many of those people have not forgotten him at all. It all boils down to the "different strokes" thing, eh? And, much as I too admire *Muscat, he wasn't the first Triple Crown winner...he was the first stallion to do it. The first Triple Crown winner was the lovely mare *Dornaba.

Diane

#3 Roulett

Roulett

Advanced Member

• Ablackhorse AHA
  • 4798 posts

Posted 31 August 2005 - 11:52 PM

QUOTE(Southwinde @ Aug 31 2005, 11:44 PM)
Well, *Muscat was the favorite of many Arabian horse lovers; and, many of those people have not forgotten him at all.  It all boils down to the "different strokes" thing, eh?  And, much as I too admire *Muscat, he wasn't the first Triple Crown winner...he was the first stallion to do it.  The first Triple Crown winner was the lovely mare *Dornaba.

Diane

View Post

Sorry, I forgot to add the word Stallion..... check out the wording on this page from the Muscat book....... gives the impression that he was the first, period. LOL

I hope you can read this...........[attachmentid=5020]

Chopmist (Dade B.) was in attendance when Muscat won all three in one year.
SHe gave me a ton of stuff on Muscat and pictures and whatever....... not being an Arabian person at the time she gave me Russian Roulett+ I just put all this stuff away for sake keeping.

Attached Files

Angelique

#4 nitemare

nitemare

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 577 posts
  • Interests:Family, Arabian horses, Boxers and firefighting. Also own a wrecker service. <br />We use our horses in the fire department as Wildland Search and Rescue mounts.

Posted 01 September 2005 - 02:45 AM

I have an old article on *Muscat taken from a Continental Airlines freebie/promotional magazine back in the 80's. How many Arabians get their story and pics published in non-horsey mags??
I never dreamed I would own an Arabian, much less 2, with him, in their pedigrees.

Shar proudly sports *Muscat as her sire line and Dornaba is on her dam's side.
I would rather die than to sell her!! I looked 12 years for her, a rehabbed rescue.
Kourage also has *Muscat as his sire line also, with that same wonderful disposition.

He is not forgotten!! How can anyone forget that amazing blazed chestnut face??!!
BTW, wonderful pics of *Muscat, some I have never seen before.

Shar
user posted image

Kourage
user posted image
Member of AHSBF
Fire fighters find 'em hot and leave 'em wet!!

Bint Baby (Valley-Y-Synder X Bint Beaurina) "Maggpies"
FVA Botany Bay (First Class X Beytifa) "Tootsie"
LWS Bahir Shawarh (Nobles Gallaleo X Meshanna SQA) "Shar-Shar"
SNJ Galaal Shareef (Galilleeo X LWS Bahir Shawarh) "Norman"
SNJ Serraangetee (Serrfaarri X Cremes Lillee) "Lil' Bit"
Dunkey, Guardian and protector of the herd, the mighty mini mule!!

In Memory of:
SNJ Synbad (Fargoh X Bint Baby) 4-17-06/10-21-07 The Biggest Little Horse

#5 Roulett

Roulett

Advanced Member

• Ablackhorse AHA
  • 4798 posts

Posted 01 September 2005 - 03:29 AM

[quote=nitemare,Sep 1 2005, 03:45]

He is not forgotten!! How can anyone forget that amazing blazed chestnut face??!!
BTW, wonderful pics of *Muscat, some I have never seen before.

----------------

My point exactly! I would like to use a pic of him in one of Russian Roulett's
ad but I'm not sure who I would have to get permission from and if his likeness is under copyright. Last year at the Indio Desert Circuit just outside Palm Springs,
an older woman walked up to my horse, pointed her finger at him and said loudy...........MUSCAT! I'd know that look anywhere. Considering we were the only Arabian among 3000 warmbloods really made me laugh. LOL

Your horses are really super and you're right, our guys are the best!!!!!!!!
Angelique

#6 nitemare

nitemare

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 577 posts
  • Interests:Family, Arabian horses, Boxers and firefighting. Also own a wrecker service. <br />We use our horses in the fire department as Wildland Search and Rescue mounts.

Posted 01 September 2005 - 07:29 AM

You're not the owner of Russian Roulett+ are you??

I have to say.....I LOVE those adds of him!! That's the FIRST thing I try to find in AHW every month, even before I get into the house with it!!

As for copyright pictures in adds..... I dunno, lots of poeple put them on the net as part of a picture pedigree for their horses.....but I don't know for sure if it is exactly legal or not.
I always ask permission before I post any pics of horses on my web site or on any forums that are not of my own herd......even the pics I take personally of their horses, I still ask out of curtosy (sp?? just doesn't look right) unless they are at a horse show, etc. in the public eye already. I've never run an add in a mag or glossy, so I don't know if there is anything different for that either. Sorry I can't help out.

Thanks for the flowers on my ponies, if you look carefully at Shar's blaze she has the same notch, although not quite as pronounced as *Muscat's and her colt has a cut out on his blaze too, way cool huh??

user posted image
Member of AHSBF

In Memory of:

#7 Roulett

Roulett

Advanced Member

• Ablackhorse AHA
  • 4798 posts

Posted 01 September 2005 - 11:17 AM

Hi

WRT: You're not the owner of Russian Roulett+ are you??

Yep, that's me. LOL We run ads in the AHA magazine, AHT magazine and a gaggle of Open Circuit magazines. We're actually in more Open All Breed magazines that Arabian magazines........

The only way to keep my jumper front and center on the A-Circuit is by winning and putting it in their face ....... my horse gets just as much ad space and bio's now done on him as the big pricey warmbloods own'd the corporations and the super rich who live and jump our circuit. I've seen people actually write a check in the show office for over $10,000 for one show. They come with dozens of jumpers .... have them in all the classes and don't blink an eye at the money.

They all know Russian Roulett and they no longer snicker or laugh, in fact,
most have moved out of our classes.......cause, they can't beat us. LOL

All the Muscat get and grand get have something in common. You're little one is just darling. :)
Angelique

#8 nitemare

nitemare

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 577 posts

Posted 01 September 2005 - 09:15 PM

My hat's off to you and Roulett!! I admire you all for getting out there.

I don't show, but I get out there on a smaller scale, on the road with mine at town gatherings, parades, and Search and Rescue missions.

He's quite the handsome horse, Roulett is!
Member of AHSBF

In Memory of:

#9 Southwinde

Southwinde

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1144 posts

Posted 03 September 2005 - 05:42 PM

QUOTE(nitemare @ Sep 1 2005, 12:45 AM)

Shar proudly sports *Muscat as her sire line and Dornaba is on her dam's side.
I would rather die than to sell her!! I looked 12 years for her, a rehabbed rescue.
Kourage also has *Muscat as his sire line also, with that same wonderful disposition.

Shar

Tell me more about Shar if you will. I mares that are bred very similiar to your mare. Mine are by Mussiah (*Muscat x *Nissa), and out of HK Jewel (*Nariadni x Jewel Drift [*Silver Drift x *Dornaba]). Bet our girls are very, very closely related.

Diane

#10 dressagearabs

dressagearabs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 312 posts
  • Interests:Dressage, eventing

Posted 04 September 2005 - 12:14 AM

[quote=Roulett,Sep 1 2005, 11:17 AM]
I've seen people actually write a check in the show office for over $10,000 for one show. They come with dozens of jumpers .... have them in all the classes and don't blink an eye at the money.

So true!! I work in a hunter jumper barn and these are big money horses. Most are imported from Denmark, and there are about 8 more being imported this month. These people don't bat an eye at the expense!!! Kudos to you roulett for getting your Arab out there in front of them and winning!!!
[i]CA Shado (CA Silver Shadow x Lady Muscat)
2002 Region 13 Champion Sporthorse Gelding
2004 Region 13 Top Five Sporthorse Gelding
2006 Reserve Champion High Point PB Sporthorse
2006 Region 13 Top Five Sporthorse Gelding

#11 Karen C.

Karen C.

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1087 posts

Posted 15 September 2005 - 05:16 PM

Hey, I think I saw Russian Roulett+ at last year's SHN in Rancho M!

Hmm you didn't mention the magazine that ran the article...but I would bet they limited the 'choices' to stallions owned by advertisers, KWIM?

Instead of giving choices, they should just let people think for themselves and write in the name of their 'all time favorite stallion'. Kind of like how Arabian Horse World did back in the mid 1960s when they asked folks renewing their subscriptions who their favorite Arabian stallion was (Fadjur was the winner and got his own issue in 1967). Of course that's just IMO. :)
Karen C.

(Please Note: Until I get online Datasource again, please note that unless otherwise noted, all search results are from my old grossly inadequate 2000 CDROM, which only features purebreds registered with AHA through Dec 31 1999. I verify show records using the AHA Members Only site (which *ALL* AHA Members, even us cheapa$$ $20/year members have access to - amazed at how many folks don't know that!!))

I also post search results at the All Breed Pedigreedatabase.

#12 Roulett

Roulett

Advanced Member

• Ablackhorse AHA
  • 4798 posts

Posted 15 September 2005 - 09:03 PM

QUOTE(Karen C. @ Sep 15 2005, 06:16 PM)
Hey, I think I saw Russian Roulett+ at last year's SHN in Rancho M!

Hmm you didn't mention the magazine that ran the article...but I would bet they limited the 'choices' to stallions owned by advertisers, KWIM?

Instead of giving choices, they should just let people think for themselves and write in the name of their 'all time favorite stallion'.  Kind of like how Arabian Horse World did back in the mid 1960s when they asked folks renewing their subscriptions who their favorite Arabian stallion was (Fadjur was the winner and got his own issue in 1967).  Of course that's just IMO.  :)

View Post

--------------------

The poll is not in a magazine it's on the AHW website. It might still be up and running. I went over there to vote for Muscat and his name was not among
the choices.

Yes, you might have seen RR at the SHN's in 2004 ....... that was our show from hell. If you saw him in the Open Jumper Ch. class you saw what happen'd...
Fede got into a mess when he didn't know which fence to jump .. in the jump-off.
He stopped dead in his tracks, then jumped the fence. Even though we were ahead in time, they ruled it a refusal and that was that. Fede has a hard time for the Arabian courses .... no numbers on the fences ...LOL

We did end up with 2 TT's in jumpers but I can truly say this was RR's worse
showing in his entire career. Everybody has a bad show and that was ours.
We lose the National Championship and 5 days later win the $1000 Jumper Classic at the Internationals.....go figure. LOL The mark of a true championship is his ability to come back after a bad show and win again. The story goes, if you've ever left a show without a ribbon, just remember RR and you can tell yourself.
if he can come back from a loss, so can I.

Angelique

#13 shamandjudy1

shamandjudy1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 14 October 2005 - 02:11 AM

I have a 3 yr old Muscat / Aladdinn / Halali grand-daughter, she is gonna be something! She is very level headed and just a joy w/ tons of personality. I'll post pictures when I figure it out!

#14 Roulett

Roulett

Advanced Member

• Ablackhorse AHA
  • 4798 posts

Posted 14 October 2005 - 02:24 AM

QUOTE(shamandjudy1 @ Oct 14 2005, 03:11 AM)
I have a 3 yr old Muscat / Aladdinn / Halali grand-daughter, she is gonna be something! She is very level headed and just a joy w/ tons of personality. I'll post pictures when I figure it out!

View Post

--------------------

I was told that *Muscat had a real personality going for him. I think the Muscat grandkids are going to bring him back into the spot light. Let's see a pic of your girl.........
Angelique

#15 ashwadd2000

ashwadd2000

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts
  • Interests:Arabians, Half-Arabians, and National Show Horses<br /><br />Saddle-seat, Hunter, Dressage &amp; Halter<br /><br />Breaking &amp; Training

Posted 14 October 2005 - 09:36 AM

I have a *Muscat grandson, well actually he has *Muscat on both sides of his pedigree, he is four going on five, and will be seen in the Arabian Hunter ring next year. He has a great personality and I really love the *Muscat lines!

Attached Files

• Attached File  5659.jpg   36.09KB   42 downloads

Ashley Watson
The horses that own me-
Sir William Ettab (*Etiw x Tsabra)
Wallstreet VC (Backstreet x Valors Black Velvet)
Mihshenkah (Aabsolut x Northshore)
Kinghtz on Broadway (The Chosen One x El Balam)
Palooza Player (Apollopalooza x FA Elegant)
CA Butterscotch+ (Clear Command x CA Bare Esscence)

#16 Roulett

Roulett

Advanced Member

• Ablackhorse AHA
  • 4798 posts

Posted 14 October 2005 - 12:28 PM

QUOTE(ashwadd2000 @ Oct 14 2005, 10:36 AM)
I have a *Muscat grandson, well actually he has *Muscat on both sides of his pedigree, he is four going on five, and will be seen in the Arabian Hunter ring next year.  He has a great personality and I really love the *Muscat lines!

View Post

--------------------------

I can see a lot of RR in the face of your guy. GOOD LUCK IN HUNTERS!!!! Keep us posted on him. Before it all over, I'm going to do something on Muscat and list all his wonderful GrandKids ...
Angelique

#17 Airborne Equestrian

Airborne Equestrian

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 16 October 2005 - 03:02 PM

There is currently a *Muscat son in Iowa for sale (16 years young!) on equine.com. His name is SRP ZAKHAR, and they want only $1,000 for him. If I had my own place...

I'm not sure this link will work:

http://horse.classif...ses/874354.html

#18 Roulett

Roulett

Advanced Member

• Ablackhorse AHA
  • 4798 posts

Posted 16 October 2005 - 04:41 PM

QUOTE(Airborne Equestrian @ Oct 16 2005, 04:02 PM)
There is currently a *Muscat son in Iowa for sale (16 years young!) on equine.com.  His name is SRP ZAKHAR, and they want only $1,000 for him.  If I had my own place...

I'm not sure this link will work:

http://horse.classif...ses/874354.html

View Post

-----------

-------------------------------

Interesting, they don't even mention Muscat's name in the description. ANd such
a lovely horse too. Only $1000 .... I don't own a barn or have a place to put him but gee, such a nice horse.

Here's the description:

Zakhar has produce some awesome foals which have gone on to compete at all levels and also have become superb trail horses. Carries the Sabino gene, has small white belly spot. Zak has been shown in halter Was started under saddle but has not been ridden in a while. Easy to handle still produces well. Sound. Will consider offers to good home. Horse poor must cut down. For more pics go to www.cedarcrest-farms.com. Thanks for looking!
-------------------------------

They said he's also a Halter Champion so give him a look.

Angelique

#19 clouddancersarabians

clouddancersarabians

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 182 posts
  • Interests:English Pleasure/Park

Posted 17 October 2005 - 10:27 AM

QUOTE(Roulett @ Oct 14 2005, 01:28 PM)
--------------------------

I can see a lot of RR in the face of your guy.  GOOD LUCK IN HUNTERS!!!!  Keep us posted on him.  Before it all over, I'm going to do something on Muscat and list all his wonderful GrandKids ...

View Post

I have a Muscat granddaughter. Her name is Rohara Radiance and she is by Mirok Monpelou and out of HK Camaya (*Muscat x Camaay). I showed her hunter last year and this year she has been bred. She is chestnut with 3 white socks, a blaze AND a nice brown 'Muscat spot' in the middle of her blaze. I don't know how to upload pictures, but I have one on my website (www.clouddancersarabians.com) of her. It doesn't show her spot, but I'll peruse my harddrive and see if I have one of her from the front. She is an awesome mare, great personality and very loving.
Pat

Pat Hawkins (Brown)
Lady Hawk Arabians
"Courage is being scared to death - but saddling up anyway." ~John Wayne~

#20 Moudy

Moudy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1084 posts
  • Interests:My horses... ;) Working Hunter, Sport Horse, HP, the list goes on and on :D

Posted 17 October 2005 - 10:53 AM

I thought since I had these pictures scanned I would post them for you all to see the sire of my Moudy...

Moudriey (*Muscat x Brieah+)

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

Proudly owned by:

JL Moudrey Blues+// 5x National Champion and 2x Reserve National Champion Working Hunter and Hunter Hack
Selket Mystery 2x National Top Ten SHIH and Working Hunter
Kind A Frisky half-Arabian Regional Winner Hunter Hack
JL Premier Blues Back in training...after his founder bout
Windhorse Xena half-Friesian by Loki Dressage Queen-ish
CatchMeIfUCayenne CR Future National Champion by Selket Mystery
Wiskey Breeze Cremello Pinto Momma of All Time :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users