• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 FiveBays

FiveBays

Advanced Member

• Ablackhorse AHA
  • 1833 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 02:31 AM

Palameta did it again. She won in tough open competition at the Del Mar Nationals. Today she won the intermeidate western trail championship and was reserve circuit champion. She showed 3 days under 3 judges. This is the thrid year in row she has done well at this show.

The Del Mar Nationals is a prestigeous show here in SoCal. It's really three different shows - western week, dressage week, and HJ week.

Showing open is great for breed promotion.

Dave

#2 terijef

terijef

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 947 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 10:27 AM

Congratulations Dave!
Jeff Reichman
Terijef Partnership
Teri disclaims all responsibilities for my views and actions.
The views expressed here are entirely my personal opinions and not those of any club, region or organization in which I hold an office.

#3 Blackberry Run Arabians

Blackberry Run Arabians

Default President 2014 ...James

• Ablackhorse AHA
  • 1689 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 01:53 PM

Way to go guys! Great Job! Lets see the pictures....

...James

What you see ... Often times ... depends upon where you stand.

AHA Discovery Farm

2009 - 2012 ABHAHA Convention Delegate

In Memory of:
Ahzad Hadeed (*Epizod x *Amneris) Gelding 03/20/1990 - 08/17/2007
Miss Fizz (WCM Fizz Bomb x Fragile Farrah) Mare 07/14/1992 - 06/25/2011

#4 Roulett

Roulett

Advanced Member

• Ablackhorse AHA
  • 4800 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 01:39 AM

Big congrat's - Del Mar is major......... image004.gif
Angelique
Proud owner of Russian Roulett+
http://russianroulett.net/Tribute.html
2003/2004 USEF HOTY, Reg. 2 H/J
2005 Special Recognition/Ambassador Award as a JUMPER!
2006 - Senior Masters winner
2007 - 18 Division Championships --- 2 reserves --- besting over 1200 jumpers
2008 - retires as #65 in the Centennial 100 list

#5 Platinum Jeweler

Platinum Jeweler

Advanced Member

• Gold Sponsors
  • 4340 posts
  • Interests:EP/Park horses

Posted 24 April 2012 - 08:50 AM

CONGRATS!!!

AHA or our trade magazines should do a story on you.

Larry
"Truth is more important than Facts"

#6 FiveBays

FiveBays

Advanced Member

• Ablackhorse AHA
  • 1833 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 02:13 PM

Larry,

AHW did a story on Palameta in the July 2011 issue. I think I'll contact AHA.

I wish anyone else showing open would brag. Open success is a bright spot in a breed that seems to be in decline.

Dave

QUOTE(Platinum Jeweler @ Apr 24 2012, 08:50 AM) View Post
CONGRATS!!!

AHA or our trade magazines should do a story on you.

Larry

#7 Hixson2

Hixson2

Advanced Member

• Ablackhorse AHA
  • 668 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 04:08 PM

QUOTE(FiveBays @ Apr 24 2012, 02:13 PM) View Post
Larry,

AHW did a story on Palameta in the July 2011 issue. I think I'll contact AHA.

I wish anyone else showing open would brag. Open success is a bright spot in a breed that seems to be in decline.

Dave

I agree Dave, at this point showing open (Imho) is the best hope for saving our breed. Too many "In" people still don't get it. They continue to practce tunnel vision. My business instincts say, if it ain't working right, rebuild it!

It's too easy to "go along to get along". No one wants to offend the BNTs and breeders. Over the last 3 decades they've built it like they wanted it. In those three decades, registrations have gone down 96.2%.
Are they getting nervous yet? I doubt it! (it's the economy, it's Bush's fault, feed's too high, diesel has gone up, etc)

This thing needs to be bottomed out and rebuilt, the sooner the better! In the interim, our Arabians will do just fine in the open shows, and actually will be a more positive draw to the breed, than all the money spent on promotion by AHA.

ALL HORSEMEN\WOMEN APPRECIATE A GREAT HORSE. If you can agree to that, the rest is simple. Get our horses out in front of as many HORSEMEN\HORSEWOMEN as possible. Think about it! What would that do to our AHA budget? The cost to AHA for breed promotion would be zero!

Great piece of work for the breed, Dave. Need more like you to "get it"

Afterthought: Many of the AQHA top competitors take a string of horses to their competitions. A worthy goal would be to get as many of them as possible to add "just one" Arab to their string. Then sit back and let the Arab do the rest.

Dennis K Hixson
6064 FM 1377
Princeton, TX 75407

"Pretty ain't enough"

#8 FiveBays

FiveBays

Advanced Member

• Ablackhorse AHA
  • 1833 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 12:27 AM

I'm thinking of following my wife's lead and showing open myself. I have a really great dressage trainer, Will Faeber helping me with my mare TA Zofia. We're going the classical way with her - developing her back and core with ground work. I think a classically trained Arab should be competitive in open dressage.

This classical stuff really works and it makes things much easier. The thing that amazes me is how readily what a horse learns from the ground transfers to the saddle.

I will make this bold assertion - if you train an Arab with classical methods, you will not need martingales, draw reins or any of the gimmicks that Arabians are subjected to. It all has to do with the first three pieces of the dreassge training scale, rythym, suppleness or relaxtion, and connection.

Dave

#9 miss20

miss20

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1250 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 02:27 AM

QUOTE(FiveBays @ May 13 2012, 01:27 AM) View Post
I'm thinking of following my wife's lead and showing open myself. I have a really great dressage trainer, Will Faeber helping me with my mare TA Zofia. We're going the classical way with her - developing her back and core with ground work. I think a classically trained Arab should be competitive in open dressage.

This classical stuff really works and it makes things much easier. The thing that amazes me is how readily what a horse learns from the ground transfers to the saddle.

I will make this bold assertion - if you train an Arab with classical methods, you will not need martingales, draw reins or any of the gimmicks that Arabians are subjected to. It all has to do with the first three pieces of the dreassge training scale, rythym, suppleness or relaxtion, and connection.
Dave

Oh Dave you're such a bold guy!! :-) LOL

I too am enjoying learning classical dressage. It's quite challenging but very insightful. I hope you have fun showing your horse at the open dressage shows.

JoAnn

JoAnn Harlan

Calipso Mon+// (Ohadi Ben Rabba x Ohadi Annteza) 2001 Canadian National Reserve Champion Hunter Pleasure AAOTR 40+
Hezafire+// (Robby x Shimmering Flame) 2007 U.S Reserve National Champion Hunter Pleasure AAOTR 36-54
2009 Canadian National Champion Hunter Pleasure AATR 40 & 0ver
2009 Canadian National Champion Ladies Sidesaddle English ATR
Psayit With Diamonds+ (Psymadre x Hy Dazzle Diamond)
Docalot 35 year old QH R.I.P my old friend.

Reputation is what man sees, Character is what God sees.

#10 Bob

Bob

Advanced Member

• Ablackhorse AHA
  • 3095 posts
  • Interests:Good looking Arabian athletes.

Posted 13 May 2012 - 09:00 AM

QUOTE(FiveBays @ Apr 24 2012, 01:13 PM) View Post

Dave

I really think you guys are on the right track regarding the only way our beloved breed is ever going to make a comeback. There's just not enough of us around anymore to keep selling and showing to each other and think everything is going to be ok.

Congratulations on Palameta's continued success Dave and best of luck with Zofia going forward. It will be representation like this that decides just where this breed will go in the future.

Bob Wasylyk
Willow View Arabians

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users