• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 FiveBays

FiveBays

Advanced Member

• Ablackhorse AHA
  • 1834 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 01:49 PM

I just heard from a friend that trainer Brett Becker was beaten up by trainer Jason Daniels for abusing a horse (PVC pipe in the mouth) at the Diablo AHA show.

I say go Jason and I hope no charges are pressed.

I've seen Becker do some very abusive stuff in warmup arenas over the years. It's about time some gave him a taste of what he's been doing to horses.

Dave

#2 gessepi

gessepi

Gessepi

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 24959 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 02:20 PM

QUOTE(FiveBays @ May 21 2012, 01:49 PM)  
I just heard from a friend that trainer Brett Becker was beaten up by trainer Jason Daniels for abusing a horse (PVC pipe in the mouth) at the Diablo AHA show.

I say go Jason and I hope no charges are pressed.

I've seen Becker do some very abusive stuff in warmup arenas over the years. It's about time some gave him a taste of what he's been doing to horses.

Dave

Heard it last weekend and we need more of trainers policing the abusers. Its the kind of policing someone tends to remember

Shitza, The 500,000 year old Guru, who speaks thru Tom Zaffer, says, Obama is destroying the USA and needs to go back to community organizing, which is what he is suited for

#3 mysticrch

mysticrch

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1699 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 02:28 PM

Darn now I really wish I was at the show!
Karen Ernst
Mystic Ranch Arabians
www.mysticrancharabians.com
Owner & Breeder of:
[b]AURORA MR++// (JS Padronov x El Disar Eve by *El Paso)
2010 USDF All Breed Reserve Champion PSG Open & Champion Int.-1 Open
2010 SHN Top Ten Prix St Georges Dressage

ZEUS MR (JS Padronov x MSN Zamia by Ansata Shah Zam)
2012 SHN Top Ten Sport Horse Stallions in Hand ATH

#4 FiveBays

FiveBays

Advanced Member

• Ablackhorse AHA
  • 1834 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 02:48 PM

I checked youtube for a video but the Brett Becker that came up was a body builder. Someone has to have taken some pics or video.

Region one is in about 2 weeks. I've have to see if Brett has recovered.

Dave

#5 Platinum Jeweler

Platinum Jeweler

Advanced Member

• Gold Sponsors
  • 4341 posts
  • Interests:EP/Park horses

Posted 21 May 2012 - 02:58 PM

Gosh, that reminds me of the fight at the Youngstown All Breed Horse Show between two Trainers and one was later murdered. I can't remember his name but interesting none the less.

Maybe more of this fighting will bring more spectators.

Larry

"Truth is more important than Facts"

#6 maryjo

maryjo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2324 posts
  • Interests:ATHLETIC horses. Whatever discipline they are in.

Posted 21 May 2012 - 04:44 PM

We can have all the 'rules' in the world.

But what works is policing our own.
MaryJo and Shade

"Stupid is forever. Ignorance can be fixed"

#7 miss20

miss20

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1250 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 07:04 PM

QUOTE(FiveBays @ May 21 2012, 03:48 PM)  
I checked youtube for a video but the Brett Becker that came up was a body builder. Someone has to have taken some pics or video.

Region one is in about 2 weeks. I've have to see if Brett has recovered.

Dave

Hi Dave,

I don't think the Beckers are coming to Region 1. Who is Jason Daniels? Have not heard of him, but a piece of pvc pipe in a horses mouth to tire it out so it will keep it's mouth closed is tame compared to other things that people do.
JoAnn Harlan

Calipso Mon+// (Ohadi Ben Rabba x Ohadi Annteza) 2001 Canadian National Reserve Champion Hunter Pleasure AAOTR 40+
Hezafire+// (Robby x Shimmering Flame) 2007 U.S Reserve National Champion Hunter Pleasure AAOTR 36-54
2009 Canadian National Champion Hunter Pleasure AATR 40 & 0ver
2009 Canadian National Champion Ladies Sidesaddle English ATR
Psayit With Diamonds+ (Psymadre x Hy Dazzle Diamond)
Docalot 35 year old QH R.I.P my old friend.

Reputation is what man sees, Character is what God sees.

#8 FiveBays

FiveBays

Advanced Member

• Ablackhorse AHA
  • 1834 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 02:04 AM

Jason Daniels is a halter trainer from NorCal. I think the farm is Jakar Arabians.

Dave

#9 terijef

terijef

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 947 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 08:43 PM

After speaking with three people who were actually at the show, the disagreement had nothing to do with Brett's supposed treatment of horses. Further, Brett was walking a stallion at the time and couldn't release his horse to defend himself.
Jeff Reichman
Terijef Partnership
Teri disclaims all responsibilities for my views and actions.
The views expressed here are entirely my personal opinions and not those of any club, region or organization in which I hold an office.

#10 miss20

miss20

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1250 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 01:39 AM

QUOTE(terijef @ May 23 2012, 09:43 PM)  
After speaking with three people who were actually at the show, the disagreement had nothing to do with Brett's supposed treatment of horses. Further, Brett was walking a stallion at the time and couldn't release his horse to defend himself.

Soooo... you weren't actually there either??? and there was not a disagreement about Brett's treatment of horses..... but........ he was in a difficult position where he had to make a choice to either let go of his stallion or defend himself???? Do you realize how ridiculous all that sounds???
JoAnn Harlan

Calipso Mon+// (Ohadi Ben Rabba x Ohadi Annteza) 2001 Canadian National Reserve Champion Hunter Pleasure AAOTR 40+
Hezafire+// (Robby x Shimmering Flame) 2007 U.S Reserve National Champion Hunter Pleasure AAOTR 36-54

#11 terijef

terijef

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 947 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 10:15 AM

Sorry JoAnn, but I was trying to add facts to this situation instead of the made up stories you like to spread. Knowledge and facts are something that apparently don't matter to you. I spoke with two people who actually saw the incident and a third that spoke with one of the participants.
Jeff Reichman
Terijef Partnership
The views expressed here are entirely my personal opinions and not those of any club, region or organization in which I hold an office.

#12 gessepi

gessepi

Gessepi

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 24959 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 11:19 AM

QUOTE(terijef @ May 24 2012, 10:15 AM)  
Sorry JoAnn, but I was trying to add facts to this situation instead of the made up stories you like to spread. Knowledge and facts are something that apparently don't matter to you. I spoke with two people who actually saw the incident and a third that spoke with one of the participants.

Being a Lawyer. Do you for one minute think that he would be attacked while holding a stallion? Or was it possible he was abusing the stallion?

Do they teach logic in law school?

Shitza, The 500,000 year old Guru, who speaks thru Tom Zaffer, says, Obama is destroying the USA and needs to go back to community organizing, which is what he is suited for

#13 terijef

terijef

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 947 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 11:59 AM

QUOTE(gessepi @ May 24 2012, 11:19 AM)  
Being a Lawyer. Do you for one minute think that he would be attacked while holding a stallion? Or was it possible he was abusing the stallion?

Do they teach logic in law school?

Not only do they teach logic, but they also teach about defamation. As usual Tom, you open your big mouth without knowing, or caring about, the facts. After all your rants about halter trainers, you believe a halter trainer is defending the integrity of the horse when you actually know nothing!
Jeff Reichman
Terijef Partnership

#14 gessepi

gessepi

Gessepi

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 24959 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 12:37 PM

QUOTE(terijef @ May 24 2012, 11:59 AM)  
Not only do they teach logic, but they also teach about defamation. As usual Tom, you open your big mouth without knowing, or caring about, the facts. After all your rants about halter trainers, you believe a halter trainer is defending the integrity of the horse when you actually know nothing!

Well after your nonsense reply. You still havent explained what trainer would attack another trainer while he is holding a stallion. Got an answer for that one Mr Logic

Also please explain where defamation enters into this. It would seem to me that since you think i defame alot of people, ablackhorse and me have never been sued for doing so. Believe me there are alot of people that would love to take me down if they had the facts on their side, but facts are the key. Not to mention i would love to see halter trainers defending themselves against abuse in a court of law.

After the national headlines about the TWH industry i surmise abuse is a target in all breeds. Wouldnt be hard to prove. Kindness in the equine world is short supplied

#15 FiveBays

FiveBays

Advanced Member

• Ablackhorse AHA
  • 1834 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 12:43 PM

Jeff,

I started this thread posting what I was told.

Tom's right. It makes no sense for anyone to assault someone holding a stallion at the risk of getting kicked or bitten.

Becker is an abusive trainer. I've seen him at region one popping a horse in the mouth with a spade bit in order to get a freakishly slow lope. Distorting a horse's natural gaits in abuse. That's not defamation. It's simply what I saw.

Dave

#16 gessepi

gessepi

Gessepi

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 24959 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 12:54 PM

QUOTE(terijef @ May 24 2012, 11:59 AM)  

You must have missed the logic courses, not to mention the defamation courses

By the way jeff. Is it true you are thinking of running for President of AHA?

#17 miss20

miss20

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1250 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 04:00 PM

QUOTE(terijef @ May 24 2012, 11:15 AM)  

Jeff you're so funny. How do you know that you were told the "actual facts" since you weren't there? and didn't witness it for yourself? You should know that different people watching the same incident typically can come up with several different versions of what really happened.

And as for your statement that I made up the story... you silly thing... I was merely commenting on what Dave had posted. My you have a short memory! Maybe you should reread posts before you attempt to comment on them. And actually... knowledge and facts are very important to me, that is why, unlike you, I typically only believe what I have SEEN MYSELF!!

bug off
JoAnn Harlan

#18 T-Mac

T-Mac

Advanced Member

• Ablackhorse AHA
  • 254 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 06:21 PM

What? No stewart at the show? What about the show manager? File a protest and back in up with video, photos etc. This is not the way. Is this the image we want to project to the general public? Abuse is wrong and so is an attack on another person. I have never walked away from a fight but their is a time and place for everything.

#19 miss20

miss20

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1250 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 12:22 AM

QUOTE(T-Mac @ May 24 2012, 07:21 PM)  
What? No stewart at the show? What about the show manager? File a protest and back in up with video, photos etc. This is not the way. Is this the image we want to project to the general public? Abuse is wrong and so is an attack on another person. I have never walked away from a fight but their is a time and place for everything.

All good suggestions. I'm sure there was a steward at the show, as it is a requirement... I'm not sure how much a show manager can do as far as policing the exhibitors behavior. Video and photos are always a good plan... but typically these types of things are done behind the drapes or closed stall doors. So unless you are privy to being behind scenes..... it is probably unlikely that you would be able to produce a photo or video. Of course as Dave stated in the beginning of the posts, if you were to witness what you thought was abusive behavior say in the schooling area, then by all means video that and send it to Stan Morey.
JoAnn Harlan

#20 terijef

terijef

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 947 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 11:51 PM

QUOTE(gessepi @ May 24 2012, 12:54 PM)  
You must have missed the logic courses, not to mention the defamation courses

By the way jeff. Is it true you are thinking of running for President of AHA?

Tom, put your mind at ease, I have no intention on running for any further office in AHA, especially that of President. I do know who the current leadership is planning on running for both President and Vice President and I truly hope that someone else, who is qualified and cares about the membership runs, but it surely won't be me. Like you, I don't have the temperment to deal with the incompetence that is currently AHA.
Jeff Reichman
Terijef Partnership

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Google (1)