74 replies to this topic

#1 JusticeBroker

JusticeBroker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 178 posts

Posted 20 April 2005 - 04:13 PM

I was just wondering if anyone has any photos or information about this stallion? I saw one photo on the allbreedpedigree site and am very interested in seeing more. Are most of his foals in Poland? I know he is now in Maryland at Canterbury Farms, does anyone know how long he has been in the states and how long he is staying? Any and all info is appreciated.

Julie

There is no situation too bizarre, or result so absurd, that it can't be explained with the phrase "it's a horse show."

Hank Aaron is still the homerun king.

#2 Equescool

Equescool

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 117 posts
  • Interests:Arabian and Anglo Arabian Sporthorses<br />Equine assisted psychotherapy/growth &amp; learning programs<br />Pedigree research

Posted 20 April 2005 - 04:43 PM

QUOTE(JusticeBroker @ Apr 20 2005, 05:13 PM)
I was just wondering if anyone has any photos or information about this stallion? I saw one photo on the allbreedpedigree site and am very interested in seeing more. Are most of his foals in Poland? I know he is now in Maryland at Canterbury Farms, does anyone know how long he has been in the states and how long he is staying? Any and all info is appreciated.

View Post

Marsha Parkinson of Canterbury Farm now owns two of my pure polish mares, and I have been to her farm in MD to see them so have seen this stallion and his offspring in the flesh. I have Marsha's email address if you would like to have it. He is quite a fine stallion - has a splendid shoulder. I believe Marsha owns him so he is here for good as far as I know. pam

#3 RousseauRidge

RousseauRidge

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 1436 posts
  • Interests:The Savyy Fund was established to help support the Equine Cushings &amp; Insulin Resistance Support Group. ( http://groups.yahoo.com/group/EquineCushings/ ) It is my hope that Savyy can continue to touch lives and help others like him though this fund. Memorial contributions may be made through Paypal, to the EquineCushings account, or directly mailed to:<br />c/o The Savyy Fund <br />Robin Siskel<br />7401 W. Washington Ave., #1011<br />Las Vegas, NV 89128<br />www.sportshorses.com/SavyyFund.htm<br />(Contact information also available here.)

Posted 21 April 2005 - 01:53 AM

*WOJSLAW
(TALLIN x *WILEJKA - *EL PASO)
Canterbury Farm

Attached Files

Christina Rousseau

#4 DanWoods

DanWoods

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8818 posts

Posted 21 April 2005 - 11:05 AM

We are using Wojslaw in our effort to produce PP racehorses. This year we had a colt out of a Pamir daughter and a (REALLY NICE!) filly out of a Monarch daughter. Although they are still young I have seen that he puts nice shoulders and hips on. He also takes white off. The Pamir daughter has a big pink nose and the colt has none at all.

This year we are breeding 4 Monarch daughters and a Pepton (multi-stakes winning mare) daughter to him. I think he is one of the best kept secrets in the race world and in a few years I'll have some good runners with pretty heads.

#5 JusticeBroker

JusticeBroker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 178 posts

Posted 21 April 2005 - 11:23 AM

Christi, thanks for the pictures! DanWoods I was waiting for you to get over here...I had seen some pics of your babies on 'the other site' and they are lovely. Do you have any more recent pictures? Thanks for the info guys!
Julie

There is no situation too bizarre, or result so absurd, that it can't be explained with the phrase "it's a horse show."

#6 Carmen

Carmen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 369 posts
  • Interests:Breeding, raising, showing PB and Partbred Sporthorses. <br />Standing the PurePolish Stallion Wyndikayt (Goliat X Weltawa PASB)<br />

Posted 21 April 2005 - 01:25 PM

I think he is the best kept secret in the Arabian Horse industry.
Marsha is a darling woman and loves to show you her wonderful herd of pure polish horses. She has 60 some foals coming this spring!!!!
Debra
Excellent Bloodlines, producing excellent foals

#7 DanWoods

DanWoods

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8818 posts

Posted 21 April 2005 - 01:41 PM

QUOTE(Carmen @ Apr 21 2005, 01:25 PM)
I think he is the best kept secret in the Arabian Horse industry.
Marsha is a darling woman and loves to show you her wonderful herd of pure polish horses.  She has 60 some foals coming this spring!!!!

View Post

Those foals are a good excuse to go to Maryland for a visit. There is a good restaurant close by that has some really good crabcakes. Almost worth the trip for the food alone.

JB, I'll get some updated pictures of my foals in the next couple of days. We had a new colt yesterday and I'm waiting for him to unfold before I take more pictures.

Edit to add that I posted 3 pics in the new DanWoods gallery of our 2 foals.

#8 DanWoods

DanWoods

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8818 posts

Posted 21 April 2005 - 05:03 PM

user posted image

*Wojslaw x Prime Reason at 4 months.

The other is Jeremiah (Dan x Everetta) at 20 years.

#9 JusticeBroker

JusticeBroker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 178 posts

Posted 21 April 2005 - 05:20 PM

Thanks for the photos Dan. Very nice babies. And your caption cracked me up!! Do you know how old his oldest foals are here in the states?
Julie

#10 DanWoods

DanWoods

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8818 posts

Posted 21 April 2005 - 05:25 PM

I think his oldest are yearlings or maybe a couple of very young 2 year olds.

#11 corbinmk

corbinmk

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 20466 posts

Posted 21 April 2005 - 05:29 PM

NICE colt! That's the one you wanted us to name!

AND I see that Jeremiah is an AGGIE! WAHOO!! Go, Gig 'Em, Aggies!!

From an Aggie!
~M
M. K. Corbin.

#12 DanWoods

DanWoods

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8818 posts

Posted 21 April 2005 - 05:39 PM

Yeah, he was the one that needed an "S" name. I think we settled on Shinerbach. It has a Texas flavor to it.

Jeremiah is at Blinn right now and working for a Vetrinary Surgeon. He hated horses when he was groing up... go figure. Anyway, he's hoping to get into Vet school at A&M in the next couple of years.

#13 Carmen

Carmen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 369 posts
  • Interests:Breeding, raising, showing PB and Partbred Sporthorses. <br />Standing the PurePolish Stallion Wyndikayt (Goliat X Weltawa PASB)<br />

Posted 21 April 2005 - 06:51 PM

Dan I know the restaurant you are speaking of and it really is worth the trip. I said that the last time we went out to visit. I drive from north Maryland, over the bridge go to Marsha's and ooh and aah and then stop at the restaurant. There is a 2 year old colt there I would love to own by Wojslaw, named Wendicate (sp), just love him!! You can pick his foals out in a herd of 20 or 30, very prepotent!
Love your colt, congratulations!!
Debra
Excellent Bloodlines, producing excellent foals

#14 DanWoods

DanWoods

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8818 posts

Posted 21 April 2005 - 07:28 PM

We went there last year when we were picking up mares. We got to Marsha's and a hurricane was supposed to blow through so we stayed overnight. That place had crabcakes as a meal. I couldn't imagine Texas crabcakes (small, mostly bread, apetizers) as a meal but tried them anyway. WOW! What a diiference between there and here.

#15 missmagus

missmagus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1041 posts

Posted 23 April 2005 - 02:28 PM

Hi Dan -

Nice mare, nice baby - great kid! Do you have any others coming this year - or are they already here?
Forgotten Lane Farm, Alvarado, Texas

#16 arabca

arabca

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 382 posts
  • Interests:I am graduating from Auburn University in a few months with a Doctor of Veterinary Medicine degree. I have been accepted for an internship at Hagyard Equine Medical Institute in Lexington, Kentucky. I am most interested in advanced reproductive techniques and breeding top quality Arabian horses.

Posted 23 April 2005 - 04:34 PM

I sure wish Marsha would get over here and post. I have seen lots of pictures of beautiful Ganges babies. I would love her to post some pictures of some *Wojslaw babies!! I am sure, with Ganges gone, many of those mares will be bred to *Wojslaw.
Nathaniel Newton
Hillsbrook Farm

#17 corbinmk

corbinmk

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 20466 posts

Posted 23 April 2005 - 06:18 PM

It'll be nice to get Marsha over here. Scott Benjamin, too! :)
M. K. Corbin.

#18 RousseauRidge

RousseauRidge

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 1436 posts
  • Interests:The Savyy Fund was established to help support the Equine Cushings &amp; Insulin Resistance Support Group. ( http://groups.yahoo.com/group/EquineCushings/ ) It is my hope that Savyy can continue to touch lives and help others like him though this fund. Memorial contributions may be made through Paypal, to the EquineCushings account, or directly mailed to:<br />c/o The Savyy Fund <br />Robin Siskel<br />7401 W. Washington Ave., #1011<br />Las Vegas, NV 89128<br />www.sportshorses.com/SavyyFund.htm<br />(Contact information also available here.)

Posted 23 April 2005 - 06:21 PM

I've sent her e-mails from "elsewhere", but still haven't heard back.

Maybe I should have included this, darth2.jpg
Christina Rousseau

#19 corbinmk

corbinmk

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 20466 posts

Posted 23 April 2005 - 06:25 PM

If you have her phone number, perhaps you could call her?
M. K. Corbin.

#20 DeeAllen

DeeAllen

Breeder Of Beautiful Arabian Horses

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1455 posts
  • Interests:Breeding Arabian Horses.

Posted 23 April 2005 - 06:26 PM

QUOTE(RousseauRidge @ Apr 23 2005, 04:21 PM)
I've sent her e-mails from "elsewhere", but still haven't heard back.

Maybe I should have included this,  darth2.jpg

View Post

Do it Bad girl just do it. Add this. badguyani.gif
Warm Regards,

Dee Allen
& Nemesis Arabians (Michael Lane)

Courage does not always roar. Sometimes it is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow".
-Anonymous

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Google (1)