11 replies to this topic

#1 Celticsea

Celticsea

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 346 posts

Posted 05 February 2006 - 07:48 PM

I heard of a DHH stallion by the name if Saffron. Is he is the US? Photos? Stud fee?
Nannet Read
Hickory Hollow Farm
Newberry, Florida

#2 Encore

Encore

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 February 2006 - 09:15 PM

QUOTE(Celticsea @ Feb 5 2006, 09:18 PM)
I heard of a DHH stallion by the name if Saffron.  Is he is the US?  Photos?  Stud fee?

I have some pictures of him in my files. He is STUNNING!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Don't know where he is right now, but if you don't hear, I can easily find out his location.

JOE

#3 Pegasus

Pegasus

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 05 February 2006 - 11:29 PM

Saffraan

Foaled 1999, chestnut, 16.1 hands

Nominations: as requested

Saffraan is the most beautiful son of Fabricius (keur preferent). His mother is the keur mare Joburga, a daughter of the legendary Renovo (keur preferent). In the formidable mare report the official KWPN judges describe Joburga as a quality DHH mare with a real show type, strong hockuse and an extreme long neck. In motion she shows a lot of carriage.

Saffraan is out of the very good producing Burga-damline. A proven line that delivered many show horses, keuring toppers and approved stallions.

The second dam of Saffraan is Elburga (keur preferent) a daughter of the famous Fine Harness Champion Waarborg. In 2003 a son of Elburga made it to the prestigious Central Test. Elburga’s full sister is also the mother to the good performing showhorses Jarava, Karava and Larava.

National Champion Fine Harness 1983 Valburga (keur preferent) is the third dam to Saffraan. She is also the mother to the famous showhorses Nobel and Kunstenaar who performs in the Honour Class, the highest level in The Netherlands. Valburga’s full sister is the mother to multiple National Champion Fine Harness Apollo and multiple Reserve National Champion Fine Harness and keur stallion Cinovo.

Saffraan became in 2002 National Champion on the Stallion Selection. He continued his success by winning the title National Performance Champion at the Central Test. In the official judge report Saffraan is described as a horse with a lot of natural talent as a show horse. This is reflected by his excellent scores. In 2003 Saffraan showed an outstanding foal collection and the KWPN-judges wrote a glorifying foal report.

Saffraan stands at Ritsma Show Horse (more about RSH) , Hornhuusstraat 19, 9864 PL Kornhorn, The Netherlands, Phone: 01131-627-066-327, Fax: 01131-594-658-908.

#4 Renae

Renae

Renae Wesenberg

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3092 posts
  • Interests:Hawk Nest, LLC, is a Dutch Harness Horse breeding farm located in Bergen County, NJ. We are convenient to New York City, so if you're in the area look us up!

Posted 06 February 2006 - 07:49 AM

Saffraan is in the Netherlands. He won the highly prized Orgeon Trophy at the show in Den Bosch this last weekend.
A horse needs to move correctly and perform in motion to be of any true value.

Renae Wesenberg
Hawk Nest, LLC
KWPN Dutch Harness Horses

#5 Samrdr1

Samrdr1

Tom Neese

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8602 posts
  • Interests:eventing/ fox hunting-DHH/Arab crosses/OTTBs/Saddlebreds

Posted 06 February 2006 - 09:53 AM

[attachmentid=10369]Saffraan is drop dead gorgeous. More so in the flesh than his pictures. I went to the Netherlands in 2004 to buy a Saffraan daughter but bought the Reserve national champion mare of The Netherlands, a Manno daughter, in foal to him instead. Unfortunately, she lost the foal in quarantine. I have been tryin to get a rebreed. marcel keeps saying semen will be able to be shipped to the US. Clarke Vesty is supposed to be the US agent.
This is my favorite picture of Saffraan. Sorry I am computer impaired and can only get it to come up as an attached file'

Sue

Attached Files

Elmo BELIEVE this : " I've seen Jesus twice and I think I have fecal matter in my pants" A member of the Coal valley Hunt after a run

#6 Samrdr1

Samrdr1

Tom Neese

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8602 posts

Posted 06 February 2006 - 09:58 AM

[attachmentid=10370]

Here is Clarke Vesty driving Saffraan

Attached Files

Elmo BELIEVE this : " I've seen Jesus twice and I think I have fecal matter in my pants" A member of the Coal valley Hunt after a run

#7 gessepi

gessepi

Gessepi

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 24959 posts

Posted 06 February 2006 - 01:26 PM

QUOTE(Samrdr1 @ Feb 6 2006, 08:58 AM)
[attachmentid=10370]

Here is Clarke Vesty driving Saffraan

Which one is Saffran?

Shitza, The 500,000 year old Guru, who speaks thru Tom Zaffer, says, Obama is destroying the USA and needs to go back to community organizing, which is what he is suited for

#8 Samrdr1

Samrdr1

Tom Neese

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8602 posts

Posted 06 February 2006 - 01:34 PM

QUOTE(gessepi @ Feb 6 2006, 01:26 PM)
Which one is Saffran?

I was hoping you'd know.

#9 gessepi

gessepi

Gessepi

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 24959 posts

Posted 06 February 2006 - 01:44 PM

QUOTE(Samrdr1 @ Feb 6 2006, 12:34 PM)
I was hoping you'd know.

Oh I know. He is one hell of a piece of horse flesh.

Shitza, The 500,000 year old Guru, who speaks thru Tom Zaffer, says, Obama is destroying the USA and needs to go back to community organizing, which is what he is suited for

#10 JCsmom

JCsmom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 175 posts
  • Interests:DDH, HA, ASB, NSH

Posted 06 February 2006 - 02:22 PM

I have to agree with Samrdr here......He is more incredible that you could imagine in person. I mean he looks so amazing in photos but you really cant appreciate his beauty until you see him in person. He is just so stunning!!

#11 DUTCHIT

DUTCHIT

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 11 February 2006 - 04:39 PM

I know what you guys mean about Saffraan. What a gorgeous animal. In 2003 I bought a Chestnut Filly by him out of Sintra (a Majesteit Daughter). She's a wonderful addition to the family at the farm. Sam, sorry to hear you mare lost her foal. Hopefully Clarke will get that semen in sometime for you!

~Tara

#12 Celticsea

Celticsea

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 346 posts

Posted 11 February 2006 - 04:52 PM

That was a great loss. I am so sorry.

I sure hope you are successful in rebreeding the mare. It is hard enough to do transported semen within the United States but when you have Customs to deal with as well -- oh boy.

Maybe Marcel should look into sending a huge container of frozen semen to the States sfor us to divide up
Nannet Read
Hickory Hollow Farm
Newberry, Florida

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users